carbonsa

British Gas Homecare - Damage

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3636 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

last Friday we had an engineer look at our boiler, as the water temp kept changing. After their visit, we were told the problem was resolved but they would have to return on Tuesday (today) to clean out the system. We went away an hour after their visit, for the weekend and returned back yesterday to find a leak had appeared, soaking into the join in our work top (corner unit) and this has lifted the worktop.

We called BG last night and they said somebody would be out today to look at resolving the problem with the boiler. They have been here since 8-1230 trying to solve the problem. But my major issue is how do i seek liability from BG regarding my worktop. Im heartbroken and dont see why i should have to claim on my house insurance for something they have caused. Can anybody offer any advice pls.

Write to BG asking them to put the damage right. If you can, get quotes for what needs to be done and send them with the letter.

If you claimed from your own insurance it would probably be dealt with quicker and your insurers would have the option of claiming from BG when it's all settled.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.