Cap1 CCA return

Izzy40
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, I had a visit from a guy at Power 2 Contact this afternoon. Fortunately I was at work so he left a card in a handwritten envelope with just my name on and the card quoted my account number and asked me to ring him to avoid any further action.

I haven't rang and wonder if he will try again ..... I think probably. I am on edge now.

What is the point in requesting a CCA, putting the AID, sending a letter of complaint and then a letter rejecting a doorstep visit for this to happen? And the ridiculous thing is, I am paying them all I can afford each month!

Does anyone think I should ring the number on the card??? Thanks.

Guest Old_andrew2018

No dont phone them, with reference to further action, what further action it is total BS, if they come to your door dont answer.

Guest HeftyHippo

DCAs often visit and simply put a card through your door. it inmtimdates you to think you just missed them but they will be back. often they make no attempt to knock on the door, just put the card through, so don't think if you get such a card that they will be asking for money at the door. and if they do, simply tell them to go

If you are worried about an idiot turing up at the door then why not fit a chain to the door - ten minute job, you can get one at wilkinsons or similar. Then you have full control - open door on chain, say'put anything and evrything in writing, now please leave'. Close the door

If you are worried about an idiot turing up at the door then why not fit a chain to the door - ten minute job, you can get one at wilkinsons or similar. Then you have full control - open door on chain, say'put anything and evrything in writing, now please leave'. Close the door

... and call the police if they hang around or misbehave.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, thanks for that.

I placed the AID a couple of months ago although I have continued to make my pro rata payment, even though they have never accepted this and are still adding interest and late payment fees (nearly £140).

I have received another letter this week saying they are going to pass my account to an external agency. I have already had an attempted visit from Power 2 Contact during this dispute time.

Is there anything else I can do please?

Don't think there is anything else on the back but will check when I get home.

Have been keep paying them because my main aim was to avoid court action and I did hope to repay the debt in good faith. Not so sure now, I am tempted to cancel my standing order for next month.

Just wondering where to go from here with this one. As I mentioned, I placed the AID a while ago and have had many letters from C1 alongwith the above 'agreement', which I now know to be hopefully unenforceable.

Anyway, today I have received a letter in response to my correspondence sent weeks ago advising me that they have been unable to agree a payment plan with me because I did not send a copy of my bank statement.

I now intend to stop payment, do I need to write to them again with another AID letter informing them that what they have eventually sent me is an application form. Thanks.

Can I make a suggestion and only because 3 weeks ago I was in the same position.

Scan if you can you agreement and get it onto a computer then open an acccount in www.Photobucket.com when you have uploaded it you can then make changes and use a rubber to take out any personal stuff.

After you have the file in photobucket there is a share option labelled IMG if you copy this then you can paste this into the posting on this thread.

Now you may not have a scanner OK if you can afford it they now come integral to printers and are quite cheap. But if it's a real problem maybe a friend could scan it for you and then email it to you.

The reason I say this is that it is easier to see easier to upload and dwonload and less hassle for you.

Now I was a newbie 3 weeks ago but after staying up all night for about a week I am now in a position to try to help others and I can assure you that once you have been helped on this site you want to give it back.

If you are familiar with the site you can PM (Private Message me anytime for help).

As for you actual question I am afraid like me you want all the answers on day one and it doesn't work like that you need to read a few threads and slowly you will become self assured.

It would appear that like the rest of us your so called agreement is flawed and hopefully the end result will be a happy one.

Regards Steve

All my postings are Without Prejudice and as such can not be used in any Court.

Thanks for your reply Steve, I do have a scanner but find it a nightmare to use. Took Cerus's advice a while ago and now use my camera and tinypic, it seems to work ok, quite quick really.

I have cancelled my payment to C1 now, watch this space.

• 1 month later...

Hi, received a few more letters from C1 and finally stating that I still need to pay up etc etc which I have ignored.

Letter received now from Capquest advising that they have the debt and I need to clear in full! Shall I ignore this for a while or send a bemused letter??? Thanks.

• dx100uk changed the title to Cap1 CCA return