EricTheRed

Mortgage arrears letter

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3636 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just a quickie. My mother in law has been told that the Abbey (Santander) are going to charge her £35 for each letter they send in connection with her mortgage arrears. I didn’t think they could do this.

Thanks ETR

Well they can, but then she could just claim them all back again.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

There have been some sucesses with reclaiming through the FOS but it is an area still being explored at the moment.

If you do a rearch on the forum for Mortgage arrears charges there are several threads.

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Are you saying that we can ask for mortgage arrears charges back.

I went into arrears and paid them off at an agreed rate per month(it was only one month) however they charged me £40pm and letter fee.

It has to be worth at least investigating further. Take Jansus' advice and have a search for some threads, then see what you think.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.