meerkatsmimm

Token payment sent to MBNA returned by Experto Credite asking for payment name to be changed!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3645 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Folks,

Its been a while since ive been on with you all and I hope you are all fighting the good fight still. Things personally have been difficult although I will go into details in the next few days to explain.

This morning a nice handwritten envelope arrived with postie. On opening, I found two postal orders I had sent to MBNA for my account as token payments for the last two months, together with a badly written note from Experto Credite DCA asking for the payment names to be changed to theirs and not MBNA.

I have not acknowledged any debt to these monkeys since they started sending me letters three months ago and instead as advised, have continued to pay MBNA.

I have asked for the deed of assignment but never received it.

Advice? Was planning to send a letter back stating I never made any payment to them so why should I now begin to and who are you by the way?

Thats a kneejerk response, and im sure there is something better to say in this instance.

Thanks as always,

meerkat x

The Deed of Assignment is a list of business transactions and only a court can order that it be produced. What you want is a Notice of Assignment under the Law of Property Act 1925 S136 informing you that MBNA have assigned the debt. Unless you get one, you needn't pay anthing to a DCA as you have not been informed that the debt has been lawfully assigned to them.

write to mbna and state that if they wish to pass your payments onto a third party then they had better pay your payments in and then issue a payment to the third party, cause your agreement is with mbna not some lowlife

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

i have a feeling mbna sold it to varde investment (ireland) limited, but mbna wont admit it, theyll say they sold it to experto. but experto will tell you their cleint is varde investment who that bought the debt from mbna. typical mbna.

assuming the was a credit card account, did you recieve a default notice from MBNA? if not and they sold the account, then it is unlawful termination on their part same if the DN was invalid, which is nearly always the case with mbna

Edited by teaboy2

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.