Housing entitlrment for single dad

50plusabit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There a few issues going on here, so bear with me.

Young guy not uk national , split with his wife uk national and two children. Had been working, but didnt update his visa and passport revoked, for worries of him taking kids. Lost job, hit rock bottom. Claims nothing at moment friends help him live. Has now been granted access to children, and is waiting for passport to be returned anytime !!!!!!(can they do that, not give a time scale).

As soo as he gets passport he will look for job and accomodation. Will he be entitled to HB and if so will be be able to look for a 2 bed as he will be able to have his kids weekends.

Thanks for your help.

Not sure if this varies according to which council, but in my area a single parent with overnight access can be given a 2 bed property, but only in one of the multi-storey blocks that no one else wants to live in. They do have to have proof, either from the court or the ex, that the children are allowed to stay overnight.

You could try speaking to your council, shelter or citizen's advice.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

He needs to check with his local Council to get the right information but everything I have found says that he would not be entitled to the local housing allowance for a 2-bedroom property. All the information I have seen says that only if he is in receipt of child benefit for the children would he be entitled and to get this they must live with him not just stay at the weekends.