• Tweets

• Received paperwork now from them prior to 30th deadline. is it worth uploading here or just send my 181 back with the draft directions from my side? 
    • Ah ok, thanks Andy. As of yet i have heard nothing from the court since i received the N180 from lowells.
    • you NEVER offer PS it opens you up to 6more yrs of harassment as you've ack'd the debt and they'll sell the rest on.   just do the CCA..   its probably very close to SB so they leave things late to get the most interest out of you. if they issue a backdoor CCJ.
    • I have received planning permission to do a loft & kitchen extension.   I have a terraced house.   Re the party wall agreed surveyor, my neighbour to the right is ok to a ‘agreed surveyor’ being appointed by me. However after I received planning permission late in 2018, my neighbour to the left instructed a surveyor.  I spoke to this neighbour last weekend explaining that i am now in a position to hopefully commence the work but that a party wall award needs to be secured. I inquired from them if we can agree an impartial surveyor preferably of my choosing, since i will be paying the fee. The wife said they'd speak to their surveyor, whilst her husband seemed hesitant.   I have now received the attached letter from their surveyor.  His remarks such as '‘after some delay' (surely it is for me to determine when i being any building work on my property having consideration of a myriad of matters), gives me pause as to his impartiality, at that he is not just money chasing.   Is a surveyor permitted to make an approach to a property owner,  re offering to be appointed as the agreed surveyor, in advance of the party wall notices being issued to the relevant neighbour?   I do not trust the impartiality of indeed integrity of this surveyor.   Both my neighbours, already have both a loft & kitchen extended kitchen, so i just don't understand why this neighbour, is seemingly trying to make this process as protracted and even more expensive as possible.   How can i convince them to use my surveyor as the agreed surveyor, short of threats of me not being cooperative of any work they may wish to undertake.   Tnanks   scan0048.pdf
  • Our picks

• Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 3 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
jolly

Help please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4666 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi after sending my second letter ( LBA) demanding repayment of £965 I received a phone call from the Bank of Scotland offering to increase their goodwill refund from £120 to £325. Now I refused over the phone and she said oh well your bad luck I will send you a copy of how to contact the financial ombudsman service. She said - 'please understand that we are not prepared to refund all of the charges that you have incurred on your account over the last six years.' I told her i would be going to the small claims court.

Can any one advise me what has the financial ombudsman got to do with this - she also mentioned that the oft statement about bank charges being unfair only related to credit cards - is this true. What do I do now?

Stick to your guns scare tactics that is your money and she knows it, take the next step file a claim, I'm sure they will son see you mean business

at least you`ve had offers lol, im at the claim stage (papers served on the 9th) and i`ve had nothing, not even an acknowledgment hehe, but andrea is right, stick to your guns and you`ll soon get it all back.

The finanancial ombudsmen just deal with complaints, its a lenghy process and not worth dealing with, court is the way to go now.

Good luck