INSURANCEGUY

Initiating a PI Claim 3 months post ax

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3639 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

Decided I'd ask for a bit of advice from any experienced PI handlers as its not my strongest point, I have only ever done pre-med PI settlements.

Person A has a fault accident, wants to settle with the tp privately, kept chasing the tp for an estimate etc, to find out 3 months post ax that he has in fact claimed through her insurance. Now the passenger of Person A wishes to pursue a claim for PI, the only reason they weren't going to is because they didnt want person A to lose their NCD.

The passenger self medicated on Ibuprofen & Painkillers, and still has occasional discomfort after carrying out strenuous activities. But as yet, has not seen a doctor. Could they now pursue a claim or should they have sought medical advice sooner?

thanks in advance

Insurance Guy

If I can offer any help I will....

I have experience in Fault, Non-Fault & Disputed Liability Motor Claims for vehicle damage and hire, and some experience in Personal Injury Claims

If I've helped- please click my scales :D

ANY ASSISTANCE IS GIVEN ENTIRELY WITHOUT PREJUDICE- YOU SHOULD SEEK INDEPENDANT LEGAL ADVICE TO CONFIRM ANY ADVICE GIVEN

FEEL FREE TO PM ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD IF YOU WOULD LIKE ADVICE 8-)

Yes the passenger has a claim, but they haven't helped their case by not visiting a doctor. It's obviously not going to be a big PI claim, the fact they self medicated on common painkillers would suggest it's a low level pain and suffering claim (couple of hundred pounds at absolute max).

The mention of still suffering occasional discomfort is setting alarm bells off though, you'd need to establish that there were no pre-existing conditions and that before the accident they could have quite happily carried out the strenuous activity.

Without a doubt they should have sought medical advice sooner, but that doesn't now stop them persuing a claim

Mossy

• Haha 1

cheers mossy, that is what I thought but wanted to clarify, thanks again.

Insurance Guy

If I can offer any help I will....

I have experience in Fault, Non-Fault & Disputed Liability Motor Claims for vehicle damage and hire, and some experience in Personal Injury Claims

If I've helped- please click my scales :D

ANY ASSISTANCE IS GIVEN ENTIRELY WITHOUT PREJUDICE- YOU SHOULD SEEK INDEPENDANT LEGAL ADVICE TO CONFIRM ANY ADVICE GIVEN

FEEL FREE TO PM ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD IF YOU WOULD LIKE ADVICE 8-)