busyjerome

virgin media banned mobile numbers

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3640 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All

I am posting for a friend who has been cut off by virgin media.He informed them to stop all phone calls from his house phone to any mobile numbers as his young ones were costing him a fortune.They did this but the kids found out that if they rang the operator they could get patched through at a cost of i think he said £1.99 - £200 a call.As you can imagine he has ran up a large bill because of this and when he complained about this virgin stated they knew about this problem but basically tough luck.......

Does anybody have expierience with this and can anybody suggest if there is anything he can do?

Thread moved to Telecoms Forum

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

He's responsible. End of.

If he cannot control the kids in his house, why should at telco be held liable for it?

In the 'old' days, you simply bought a private payphone - it blocks calls to 100 and requires payment for all calls made, cutting trhem off if no payment is forthcoming. The owner can input a PIN code and make THEIR calls without using coins. As they have the key, they empty it and pay the bill - calls to 112 (999) are unaffected, as ar those 0800/0500 freefone calls.

Incoming calls and broadband are not affected. But you may have to fir tamper-proof locks on any telephone sockets to prevent them exchanging the payphone for a normal one. There are quite a few models available - here's the type I mean;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Solitaire-2000-Desktop-Payphone-light/dp/B000XT3A14/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1259059537&sr=8-1

Kids deserve a darn good hiding at the very least!

Yes i agree a hiding must be in the pipeline,his beef was that he got the calls to mobiles banned which i think he paid for and virgin new it could be circumvented by the calls to the operator, not to worry thanks for the input