Slinky-malinky

Allied international - very worried - please help.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3643 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

I have been browsing this forum with interest. We (my family and I) have recently moved to New Zealand. We are aware that we had money owing natwest and in particular a credit card with Natwest. My husband has been in talks with natwest with his useless 'business/private bank manager' and they came to an agreement to consolidate our debts into a loan. This included a credit card debt which had been accruing interest and put us over our limit. It was discussed over the phone that the interest charges would be frozen while we sorted out loan out. That was in August. There were the usual letters sent out - must take action (from natwest) as well as advising us that the balance was still owing and we were getting in arrears.

Well we figured the new loan would cover that and in hindsight we should have called. My husband was constantly trying to get in touch with his business/private banking manager and she did not email back, was on holiday (at the same time as her assitant) and never returned our calls. (I realise that there is a time difference - however!)

Last week we recieved a call from Allied International. Saying that they would cut what was owed (originally it was £3000 - but with penalites it is more like £5000). He (the advisor) said they would be willing to accept payment at a grand a time. We tried to call our bank but it is as if they have washed their hands of us. We have emails showing we tried to get in touch with our manager but never heard anything back. ALso they are saying they sent us out loan papers for us to sign. There was never anything in writing to confirm this and we never recieved the papers!

We spoke to Allied international last night (we called hoping we could sort something out) and he told us that they have collectors in New Zealand and if he had to send them a letter/ order for them to come and see us that there would be a £1500 charge for that letter!!

I understand from reading the forums that we should do the following:

Send a CCA letter (the debt from credit card is only a year old so chances are they may be able to find agreement.)

do I send one to natwest as well?

Am very worried that Allied international will send someone to my door!

As we are in NZ it would be very hard for us to do much from here - we certainly dont want it to get to court.

If Allied international can find original credit agreement - where do we go from there?

Thank you in advance for your help. AM v worried..

Have a read through http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/221573-debt-being-chased-australia.html particularly the last few pages.

If you decide to send a CCA just send it to Allied.

As we are in NZ it would be very hard for us to do much from here - we certainly dont want it to get to court.
It won't go anywhere near a court.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Thank you for your quick reply :-) will be sending a ltter today. What happens if they get a copy of the original agreement - is that possible?

I cant believe Natwest seems to have washed their hands of us!

I looked through that link and am a little fuzzy headed - does this mean they cant send anyone to my door? or should i send them another letter from the templates stating that they do not have my permission to do that.

Am very worried that the debts will effect my credit rating here - can anyone confirm that UK debts can not effect our NZ credit rating?

thanks again.

They have no authority in NZ, as I said have a read through that thread. I know it's a bit long but if you read the last few pages it'll explain what your rights are & how in fact the Debt Collection Agencies are working outside the law in Oz & NZ.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT