style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ignore them totally

if, but, could , maybe , should

crap!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have now received a reply

Dear ******

Thank you for your e mail I have received.

The loan was taken out on 04.07.2009 for the amount of £375.00, and was agreed to be paid back on 25.07.2009.

This didn't happen therefore there has been interest added and will continue to increase until it has been paid.

We can accept a £50 payment for the first 2 months, it will then need to be increased as the whole outstanding debt needs to be paid within 6 months.

Please call 01992-703726 to make payment by debit or credit card.

Or send a cheque made payable to Marston Group Ltd.

Or into our bank account details as follows below.

Lloyds Tsb

Sort Code-30 95 74

Account- 00845744

Any problems please e mail me or telephone me on 01992-703726

you cant demand it by law, if a bailiff does not give a breakdown then you dont need to pay them.

The law decides what the fees are anyway, Havnt read your thread, what the debt and how much & i'll calculate the bailiffs fee from the legislation.

The next generation Nintendo Wii - the Nintendo Puu

For the benefit of people on this thread it is unlikely that this debt has gone to court, Wonga tried this approach last year on me but I had already found CAG and knew how to tell a bogus account from a real one.

Marstons and JBW have both taken to using their 'powers' in the debt collecting world by frightening people into believing their debt has gone to a high court and they are able to collect - what you need to do is contact Trading Standards and your local MP and tell them that no court paperwork has been received.

This is a nasty lot to deal with and they will think nothing of doing a daily search on you to foul up your credit rating.

Get your local MP involved asap to get rid of both Wonga and Marstons.

Believe you me if it had gone to the High Court and you hadn't turned up you would be in prison now. The High Court isn't like the 'normal' court sytem. You would have had plenty of prior paperwork.

Is this a CCJ or a high court writ?

CCJ, the fee is £45.

Writs are prescribed in the HCEO regs 2004. A sliding scale of fees according to size of debts. Dont be bullied by marstons, they are famous for their locksmiths threats, treat them as common criminals because they will try to swindle you by charging fees pretending they have transported your goods to sell them auction.

It might be a simple debt, no court order, therefore fees £0.00.

neither - there is no record for either theotherside or myself with the courts it seems that although the original letter makes it sound like it has gone to the high court from the very helpful people on here it appears that Marston's are being very deceptive in that they are sending a threating letter (see above) which makes it seem like there has been a judgement and that they are due to levy goods when in reality there are just debt collectors with this account rather than court appointed bailiffs for this debt

For the benefit of people on this thread it is unlikely that this debt has gone to court, Wonga tried this approach last year on me but I had already found CAG and knew how to tell a bogus account from a real one.

Marstons and JBW have both taken to using their 'powers' in the debt collecting world by frightening people into believing their debt has gone to a high court and they are able to collect - what you need to do is contact Trading Standards and your local MP and tell them that no court paperwork has been received.

This is a nasty lot to deal with and they will think nothing of doing a daily search on you to foul up your credit rating.

Get your local MP involved asap to get rid of both Wonga and Marstons.

Believe you me if it had gone to the High Court and you hadn't turned up you would be in prison now. The High Court isn't like the 'normal' court sytem. You would have had plenty of prior paperwork.

the last thing I can do is to go public regarding this matter as it would jepodise my job; how else can I fight back but remain anon?

makes it seem like there has been a judgement and that they are due to levy goods when in reality there are just debt collectors with this account rather than court appointed bailiffs for this debt

It is a criminal offence to make a false representation to obtain a money transfer. s2 Fraud Act 2006. It is also a offence to impersonate an officer of the court s20 Solicitors Act 1974.

It looks like you are dealing with a trickster who has bought a pile of debts and trying it on.

It is a criminal offence to make a false representation to obtain a money transfer. s2 Fraud Act 2006. It is also a offence to impersonate an officer of the court s20 Solicitors Act 1974.

It looks like you are dealing with a trickster.

the letter that I recieved (theotherside confirmed that they had a dublicate letter) I scanned in and is in this thread - what do you think?

It looks like you are dealing with a trickster who has bought a pile of debts and trying it on.

my exact thoughts.

shame the op want to remain anon, as you could put them in deep dodo .

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There is no writ or CCJ, it is a company who are failing to get sufficient bailiff work branching out into 'domestic commercial debt collecting' and misusing their powers in this respect.

Complaining to your local MP and Trading Standards won't put your job at risk, and will simply highlight the lengths that Wonga go to to get their 'wonga'....

You need to get your head out of the 'I will loose my job if my credit rating goes' as Wonga will already have done loads of searches on you, and they need to be stopped.

...as you could put them in deep dodo.

Putting them in deep doodoo is bad enough, but deep dodo will cause them SERIOUS problems! ;)

Clearly, socks, they are just trying it on. I hope one of you kicks up a fuss. Good luck.

Rae

Edited by RaeUK
typoo