style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unless Marston has a court order, they can only collect debts on the same terms as a common-or-garden debt collector.

No power of enforcement apart from diplomacy and persuasion. Debt collectors cannot charges fees to a debtor, the creditor has responsibility for any fees because contract only exists between creditor and debt collector.

The next generation Nintendo Wii - the Nintendo Puu

I have sent them an email rather than call them, perhaps you wish to use the same email.

For attention of Stephanie Morris

I received a letter today informing me of an amount outstanding of £1323.96. Please could you inform me how this amount is made up as I have never borrowed anything close to this amount. It also stated that I had received a hand written notice, which I did not. I am presuming this was a loan with Wonga which was in the region of £350.00 which I am happy to pay back.

I will make £50 monthly from 10/12/09 by debit card until it is cleared. Should I be able to make anymore then I will do so to get rid of the debt. I presume the number on the letter can take payments, if not, the online facility on your website.

In regards to an enforcement officer attending the premises, this is entirely unneccessary as this matter has not been to court so therefore you have no legal reason to attend, particularly now you have my payment proposal in writing. Should anybody come to my address, there will not be any response and the police will be informed due to harrassment & your mis-leading letter.

They probably wont reply, but I have done my part!

i think this borders on the realms of extorsion or fraud or mis-use of their bailiffstatus IF they have added fees/int/ etc etc

this should bump this thread as it need one of the bailiffs team to comment.

tomtubby you around........

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sounds like their acting on a default judgment to me. With a debt of that size it's probably been transfered to an HCEO.

Marstons have had their knuckles wrapped before so I'm sure they wouldnt flount the law in writing.

You really need to find out whats its about.

ask the bailiff for a case number and use the online lookup or phone that court concerned

still think this is not a court issue but spoof use of their powers.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

just sent this email -

For the attention of Stephanie Morris

regarding the above account. I have recieved your letter dated 20th November. I request that the court case number is forwarded asap as you state that an Enforcement officer will be attending looking to recover the debt and establish my assets and as far as I am aware this requires a court authorisation.

I also request full details as to how the amount being requested has been calculated. I wait your reply

I too believe that Wonga have taken you to court and been awarded Judgment and if so, they have opted to pas the debt to the High Court Enforcement division of Marston Group.

If so, the charges applied by Marston can be significant.

You will need to establish whether the above is correct, as if so...you can apply on a N244 to set aside the Judgment on the basis that you had not received the original summons.

urm.the plot thickens........

can one of you scan up the letter you had?

[remove all pers details first!]

dx

and they

make sure it is full screen [large] on photobucket

then right click copy

then paste it here

dx

and they

use photobucket then

dx

and they

what do theotherside and I do then? I have had no reply to the email I sent asking for a breakdown of the amount being recovered as it is far and beyond above the amount that I owe. Wonga was not very forthcoming when I tried to discuss a payment plan