• Tweets

• Yes I understand that, my point is why is the account still be reported on 6 years after the default date has passed regardless of the SB date.   The default expired 4th November, Cabot put a query on the account the 7th November so it is still showing in my history, my question is why are they doing it?        
    • You will have to go to court to get an order  and once that is doen then you both have to abide by it. The actual form filling is not complicated and the first court session doesnt actually make any decisions and you will be advised to reach an agreement that can then be set in stone by the court.   the father has a right to "contact", but this is not the same as having the right to demand a particular set of visits, stopovers etc so decide what you want, and how this is practical and then ask that the contact be limited to this. for example if you work your contact will all be gettinmg them up, feeding them, putting them to bed and have no fun time at weekends if has has them then. The courts will do what is in the best interests ogf the child so you need to stop being jealous of their love for their father and dont try and use the system to punish him or the children. If he was abusive or controlling them read up on the serious crimes  act  2015 about controlling and coercive behaviour and see how amny fo the examples fit his behaviour and use that to get the courts to set lterms that  limit that behaviour instead of using the children as the tools.
    • Does anyone know if a person has the right  to use a lay representative in the family division of the county court? the wording of the Lay representatives(right of audience) order 1999 refers to a county court and stage 1 or tier 1 proceedings and Scots law have a form to fill out for such representation but it isnt clear whether the english system has such a clearly defined right of audience. The MoJ mentions it in some discussion papers as though it is hard and fast but in other documents  it is McKenzie Friends who are written about as if they are the only people allowed other than sols/barristers.   reason why lay rep needed is they can speak and the other side cant object where with McKenzie friend they cant speak on behalf of claimant/respondent and the other party can object to that person being present- which will happen  in this particular case. Ultimately it may well be a discretionary power of the judge but dont want to start off with a bad step.
    • It seems as though the solicitoras want to keep hold of this payday and will do anything to churn it ( make money by continuing an action that isnt in the clients interests).   The land registry will have the record of who paid for the property and how so you will be in the clear on that as you didnt just take the place over, you bought it from the estate of the deceased.   now it seems like your mother is struck by regrets/remorse over her inability to take over the property at the time and what tends to happen is that relatives will sit there and say bad things about the person who they see is the beneficiary of their misfortune and then get into a feedback loop, each reinforcing the wrong opinion of the other.   Your attempts to sort things out logically ahs tempered this somewhat so do continue and keep clear of their  lawyers at all costs, they will just keep the meter ticking over and bring the negative thought back to the surface.   your parents will already be about 2 grand a day down on anything the sols have done so try and get them to  look back to the mess that her father's death left them in and amke it clear that at least the house is still in the family and that she has benefitted from that by receiving money at the time that otherwise she wouldnt have got.   If that still causes friction then I would still write to them rather than responding to the solicitor, the lesson they will learn will cost them less and when the sols have moved on to the next client they will have not lost so much of what they still have left.   Ultimately if they do actually issue proceedings you can ask for the claim to be chucked out as having no merit etc by showing how the place was bought. I do struggle to believe that people dont know who their mortgage was with even after all of this time,  same as I find it odd that people suddenly find details for accounts with tens of thousands in that they had forgotten about. You can find out as again it will be in the Land registry entry for most properties that had a mortgage
    • A claim was issued against you on 30/07/2019 Your acknowledgment of service was submitted on 31/07/2019 at 18:14:49 Your acknowledgment of service was received on 01/08/2019 at 08:05:52 Your defence was submitted on 30/08/2019 at 23:17:46 Your defence was received on 02/09/2019 at 01:06:05 DQ sent to you on 27/09/2019 DQ filed by claimant on 27/09/2019 You filed a DQ on 23/10/2019 Your claim was transferred to BIRMINGHAM on 14/11/2019
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3618 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Unless Marston has a court order, they can only collect debts on the same terms as a common-or-garden debt collector.

No power of enforcement apart from diplomacy and persuasion. Debt collectors cannot charges fees to a debtor, the creditor has responsibility for any fees because contract only exists between creditor and debt collector.

The next generation Nintendo Wii - the Nintendo Puu

I have sent them an email rather than call them, perhaps you wish to use the same email.

For attention of Stephanie Morris

I received a letter today informing me of an amount outstanding of £1323.96. Please could you inform me how this amount is made up as I have never borrowed anything close to this amount. It also stated that I had received a hand written notice, which I did not. I am presuming this was a loan with Wonga which was in the region of £350.00 which I am happy to pay back.

I will make £50 monthly from 10/12/09 by debit card until it is cleared. Should I be able to make anymore then I will do so to get rid of the debt. I presume the number on the letter can take payments, if not, the online facility on your website.

In regards to an enforcement officer attending the premises, this is entirely unneccessary as this matter has not been to court so therefore you have no legal reason to attend, particularly now you have my payment proposal in writing. Should anybody come to my address, there will not be any response and the police will be informed due to harrassment & your mis-leading letter.

They probably wont reply, but I have done my part!

i think this borders on the realms of extorsion or fraud or mis-use of their bailiffstatus IF they have added fees/int/ etc etc

this should bump this thread as it need one of the bailiffs team to comment.

tomtubby you around........

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Sounds like their acting on a default judgment to me. With a debt of that size it's probably been transfered to an HCEO.

Marstons have had their knuckles wrapped before so I'm sure they wouldnt flount the law in writing.

You really need to find out whats its about.

Would I not have not got anything from the court to state this?

Where do I and the other poster go from here?

ask the bailiff for a case number and use the online lookup or phone that court concerned

still think this is not a court issue but spoof use of their powers.

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

just sent this email -

For the attention of Stephanie Morris

regarding the above account. I have recieved your letter dated 20th November. I request that the court case number is forwarded asap as you state that an Enforcement officer will be attending looking to recover the debt and establish my assets and as far as I am aware this requires a court authorisation.

I also request full details as to how the amount being requested has been calculated. I wait your reply

I too believe that Wonga have taken you to court and been awarded Judgment and if so, they have opted to pas the debt to the High Court Enforcement division of Marston Group.

If so, the charges applied by Marston can be significant.

You will need to establish whether the above is correct, as if so...you can apply on a N244 to set aside the Judgment on the basis that you had not received the original summons.

I have done a search on the Trust Online system and checked to see if there are any judgements against me and it said No Records Found. I was under the impression you received a defense form from the county court if you were to be sued. I suggest Socks&pants do the same check.

urm.the plot thickens........

can one of you scan up the letter you had?

[remove all pers details first!]

dx

spreadsheets 

checked the site and other than tax credit overpayment ccj (don't get me started on that one!!!) no other recorded.

dx - I'll scan mine in

I havent a scanner, sorry.

Seems like they are trying it on us!

sorry it doesn't open well - how can I show it in my reply without attaching it?

make sure it is full screen [large] on photobucket

then right click copy

then paste it here

dx

spreadsheets 

photobucket?

I have tried copying it to my clipboard and pasting but all that happens is the folder/file name shows

use photobucket then

dx

spreadsheets 

what do theotherside and I do then? I have had no reply to the email I sent asking for a breakdown of the amount being recovered as it is far and beyond above the amount that I owe. Wonga was not very forthcoming when I tried to discuss a payment plan