currys whatever happens a joke

ghost town
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi don't know if anyone can help me.

We purchased a panasonic 42inch tv from currys along with the whatever happens insurance a year and 7 months ago. Two months ago while trying to put the tv on a wall bracket we had a accident and the tv dropped on to a glass tv stand cracking the the bottom of the tv and screen also damaging the glass table and the case on my pc. We contacted the insurance company, they said it was covered and they would arrange for the tv to be collected to see if they could repair it if not it would be replaced with a new one. The TV was collected the next day and taken away, we heard nothing for two weeks so we contacted them. I was told on the phone that they where still looking at it and for me to contact them in a couple of days. We left it another week and contacted them again. We explained to the woman on the phone that it had been over 21 days and we have had no contact from them. She told my wife on the phone that she was going to write it off and arrange for a voucher to be dipatched. Three days later we recieved a letter saying our tv had been fixed and it would be retuned to us 18/11/09. We waited all day for the tv to come. At 6pm a delivery driver came to my door with a 19 inch lcd tv saying he was returning my tv, i told him mine was a 42inch panasonic he replied they must of loaded the wrong tv and we would need to contact them the next day. My wife contacted them the next day saying how disgusted she was with the service she was told to hold the line and they cut her off. so she contacted them again and was told they would try to re-deliver our tv she said that she was told that the tv was written off how as it been fixed and where was our tv. she was told the he would have to ring us back, nothing happened. We then contacted the claims dept saying how bad the service was. A customer service woman said she would find out what was going on and call us back. Hour later she called us saying there was a problem with our claim saying the lab had looked at the tv and didn't know how it was damaged and needed a full explanation. We asked why had it taken 6 weeks and why did we get a letter saying the tv had been fixed and why did they try to deliver a different tv. They had no answer for that. We where told that they would deliver our old tv back with a letter from head office and a statment sheet we where supposed to fill it in and send it back to them. Delivery was arranged for Satuday, we waited all day and nothing came. i contacted them this morning and no one seems to know where the tv is. can someone advise me what i can do or anywhere i can contact to sort this problem.

thanks

ghost town

Edited by ghost town

Please use paragraphs and punctuation in future, it'll make your posts a million times easier to read.

Anyway, my advice would be to return to your local store, and have them ring up mastercare on your behalf. Explain to whoever is on the customer service desk that the repair has gone over 21 days, mastercare have even admitted losing your property, and you would like replacement vouchers issued within 10 working days for an equivalent or better model as is stated in your whateverhappens terms and conditions. Also you should instruct them that any attempt to return the TV, faulty or not will be met with refusal of delivery. Make sure you get the name and team number of the person they speak to on the phone, so s/he is accountable for any promises made.

Naturaly the store have no powers to issue vouchers or write off items under repair, so although your probably very fustrated please don't take it out on the store staff, if your nice to them, they'll want to help you, and put so much pressure on mastercare you should get results pretty quickly. Naturaly mastercare think they can fob customers off because 90% of them don't read the small print, but any decent customer service rep in store will know the contract pretty much inside out.