• Tweets

• have you any record of when the £279 was first 'claimed' that you owed it, as that might give a good indication upon it's statute barring date. the fact that you remained with them till late 2021 makes no odds. i cant see how this has grown to +£3k mind. something is not right here. when was the court claim and how much was it for please? and if they didn't issue a notice of discontinuance, N279, how do you know the claim was 'discontinued'? what written evidence have you from EON that states this? as that could dictate SB date too. as for today, you ignore DRA, i suspect a default was registered years ago and with an existing stayed? court claim - it's going nowhere. thread title updated.
    • I've an idea that what this is is clearing out stock of old tech panels as there have been signs of major breakthroughs in solar tech - inc what is effectively solar paint   reuters.com WWW.REUTERS.COM  
    • ROFL - says a minister of the government that lets its politicians promote their agendas unchallenged and well paid on the UK's version of Russia Today translated UK deputy PM launches global push to mask their election rigging "The UK is following Russia and China on a government minister and MP led process to get paid vast sums to put our message out to the plebs unchallenged, funded via right wing billionaires, AI from foreign states, and misuse of taxpayer money.   reuters.com WWW.REUTERS.COM  
    • Yes, but the process starts here... https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/data-protection-complaints/what-to-expect/ This involves making a complaint to GS first before approaching ICO. However, at the time of the complaint, I beleive we'd advise the complainant to ask for some compensation and take it from there. @FTMDave?? No, I meant this forum, The Consumer Action Group, where you're posting right now.😄 (We're in the slow process of rebranding as The National Consumer Service.)
    • Thank you. The npower debt was from 2019/2020 until EON took over the account late 2021. npower had set a DCA on me even though I owed them nothing. I spoke to a customer service agent, following up by email, who confirmed I was in credit . I made a complaint to head office who sent a barrage of emails, changing the amounts each time. According to them, I owed £279. The debt grew to what it is now as first npower and then EON subsequently failed to put a payment arrangement and direct debit in place to pay off this supposed sum and my ongoing bills. I was very ill with Covid, struggling in lockdown with a disabled child and informed them of all this. EON stopped their legal action when I took them to the ombudsman as this was part of my complaint and requested remedy but I have not received a notice of discontinuance.  I would like to set up my own dd to pay them off but am concerned they could still take legal action. I am on a low income and can’t afford to pay them more than a token amount each month.  And yes, they state their client is EON and that they can return the debt to EON who can either register a default or take me to court. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Financial ombudsman comes under fire as insider reveals litany of bad practices

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Also in my case, the evidence was ignored or misdirected, proof of the Halifax failing to comply with The Banking Code, FSA good business practise, Data Protection Act, ignoring a Court Order, were not only not considered but the FSO refuse to explain why so, they also misdirected evidence and even contradicted proven facts, the Halifax claiming mortgage arrears and pursued same for six years, finally admitting they did not exist and only showed to be owed due to a printing error on their part, it then took them a further 27 months to provide a correction to their error which included debiting all their Costs to my account which as I refused to pay them were then claimed as arrears, NONE of these points were addressed by the FOS who refuse to respond to any requests asking why so ?. charged with failing to provide the required care and attention to the evidence supplied the adjudicator refuses to examine my complaints. The FOS is for most consumers a total waste of time.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also in my case, the evidence was ignored or misdirected, proof of the Halifax failing to comply with The Banking Code, FSA good business practise, Data Protection Act, ignoring a Court Order, were not only not considered but the FSO refuse to explain why so, they also misdirected evidence and even contradicted proven facts, the Halifax claiming mortgage arrears and pursued same for six years, finally admitting they did not exist and only showed to be owed due to a printing error on their part, it then took them a further 27 months to provide a correction to their error which included debiting all their Costs to my account which as I refused to pay them were then claimed as arrears, NONE of these points were addressed by the FOS who refuse to respond to any requests asking why so ?. charged with failing to provide the required care and attention to the evidence supplied the adjudicator refuses to examine my complaints. The FOS is for most consumers a total waste of time.

I have read and written for a friend about a mortgage case which the FOS has taken 2 1/2 years to complete. I have proved the law has been broken, the financial consequenses of the lenders/solicitors actions, all backed up with evidence and the FOS said the bank had done nothing wrong. The FOS refuse to state what evidence and law they relied upon and refuse to state how they reached their decision. I also questioned what standards they use and if it is less than that of the judiciary and they refuse to answer. Looking at statistics I see that they find in favor of the comsumer 94% of the time in PPIs and only 38% in mortgages and other cases. PPIs are easy and can be cleared quickly and the FOS get £555 per case to decide it. More complex cases get the same money so to cut down costs, standard letters are used and for £555 an adjudicator cannot possibly look at evidence so side with their employers, the banks! It is a total conspiracy to stitch up the comsumer in the knowledge that most consumers cannot afford to go to court.

I have read and written for a friend about a mortgage case which the FOS has taken 2 1/2 years to complete. I have proved the law has been broken, the financial consequenses of the lenders/solicitors actions, all backed up with evidence and the FOS said the bank had done nothing wrong. The FOS refuse to state what evidence and law they relied upon and refuse to state how they reached their decision. I also questioned what standards they use and if it is less than that of the judiciary and they refuse to answer. Looking at statistics I see that they find in favor of the comsumer 94% of the time in PPIs and only 38% in mortgages and other cases. PPIs are easy and can be cleared quickly and the FOS get £555 per case to decide it. More complex cases get the same money so to cut down costs, standard letters are used and for £555 an adjudicator cannot possibly look at evidence so side with their employers, the banks! It is a total conspiracy to stitch up the comsumer in the knowledge that most consumers cannot afford to go to court.

We should be taking these complaints to our MP's and insist questions are asked in the "House"

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

Re asked in the House - Does anyone know one who would do this,

MP`s rules only allow them to act for their own constituents and many appear to have been working the system re two houses.

I started to email facts to all 600 MPs listed, gave up after a couple of hundred as only half a dozen responded.

All those that should care have been given details of the Halifax`s criminal methods of Banking.

Tony Blair PM passed my complaints to H.M.Treasury who advise they cannot interfere with the workings of the FOS.

Gordon Brown PM wasn`t interested, then appointed the Halifax CEO as his advisor.

David Cameron MP wasn`t interested that the Halifax given taxpayers money, ignored the Protective Codes and the Law of the Land.

Lord Hunt reported on the failure of the FOS but didn`t respond to the list of criminal actions I sent him.

The OFT don`t get involved in individuals complaints.

The ASA do not think the Halifax are misleading the public by advertising they comply with the Banking Codes requirements when I have proof they do not do this.

The Trustees of The Banking Code state they do not police their own Code, is the responsibility of the FOS and are not concerned the FOS are not ensuring their Code is complied with.

The FSA "good business practise" - do not police their own own Code for individuals complaints, the FOS do this for them and again are not concerned when they are shown they do not, as they can`t interfere with the FOS.

The Halifax failed to comply with a request as made under The Data Protection Act and totally ignored a Lawful Court Order, the FOS refuse to respond to questions as to why this was not addressed by them.

The papers and Watchdog did not reply, Max Clifford said not his domain, everyone who should know the Halifax operate in a Criminal manner have been informed and not interested in doing anything about it.

The Chairman of the Halifax passed my list of their Criminal actions to their Complaints Dept then forwarded me their response -"as far as we are concerned the matter is closed" then responded further by saying any other letters from me would be ignored.

Various CEO`s of the Halifax respond as above - "the matter is closed"

Latest one from a letter addressed to Stephen Hester, the man who has just paid the FSA £3million pounds for the Halifax treating their customers badly, one of whom is myself on whose back the FSA has benefitted, is not a response from him but one from the RBS Customer Care Dept returning my list of complaints stating the RBS is not part of the Halifax Group -very funny lets LOL.

All I did was refuse to pay claimed Mortgage Arrears until proven to be owed, the Halifax took 24 months to provide their first ever response to my repeated protestations but not before they had Summonsed for Repossession.

Spent a further 48 months supplying false accountancy proving I owed the money, then after 6 years of costs/stress said it had all been a mistake through a printing error on their part and that the £2609 proven to be owing was actually £260.

Another 27 months passed before they made an offer of correction, which was a credit in hindsight of misclaimed demands and the debitting of all their Costs to my Account.

They then re-Summonsed claiming these unpaid Costs as Arrears together with the unentitled to portion of the 100% increases to monthly demands, increased portions which was agreed I did not need to pay until claimed arrears were proven.

After 9 years of stress, because they would not correct their error in any manner other than one that ensured they were not a penny out of pocket and on the fact that "Arrears are the failure to pay amounts demanded, irrespective of whether these amounts are correct or not"

I submitted to repossession where they kindly debitted my £23k mortgage with additional Costs of £21.5k.

I repeatedly and publicly state that the Halifax plc are a Bank that operates in a Criminal Manner, knowing that they will not take any action to prevent me stating this as I can prove it to be the truth.

That The Cabinet and H.M.Treasury have been given details that it is now funding a Criminally operating Bank with taxpayers money.

10 years of being pursued for money not in fact owed and another 10 years of trying to get them to correct their error with Equity.

hence -"passedhelp"

We should be taking these complaints to our MP's and insist questions are asked in the "House"

I was reading the other day, and I will find it again, where there was an MP asking a Minister in a Parliamentary debate about the FOS and there being no form of appeal where decisions are inherently wrong with no basis. Amongst other things. Looking what we have on this thread, could I suggest we get together and approach this MP and try and get the support of the woman who was reported in the Times where she opened up to the reporter about what realy happens.

am willing to try anything, but I do know that MP`s are only allowed to act on behalf of their own constituents.

The FOS responded more in a manner expected from the Halifax`s Counsel, contradicting, misquoting and misdirecting evidence, I have enough bullets to shoot them down just nobody to fire the gun. let me know how your enquiries get on.

Passed help post 129 sounds very similar to the fun (not) that I have been having with HSBC.

I am awaiting to hear from legal aid then the real fun will start.

As far as FOS is concerned - what is the point of having an intermediary to reduce court actions when they are not "required" to take laws into consideration????

beats me :mad2:

;)

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

am willing to try anything, but I do know that MP`s are only allowed to act on behalf of their own constituents.

The FOS responded more in a manner expected from the Halifax`s Counsel, contradicting, misquoting and misdirecting evidence, I have enough bullets to shoot them down just nobody to fire the gun. let me know how your enquiries get on.

Will post all information. I have a problem of my own involving Lloyds but I have friends who have a serious problem but the FOS has disregarded the law and evidence in both cases. It would be nice to sink the FOS as they are bias and serve no good purpose apart from PPIs which keep the figures going. Consumers need justice as if shouldn't be the preserve of the rich.

Legal Aid - don`t wish to be a damp squid just don`t get your hopes up,

been there with one who all he had to do was make the Halifax obey a Court Order and respond to an Independent Audit, instead he dragged it out for two years then withdrew his services just days before the repo hearing, I sued him via l/aid and another incompetent solcr who dumped my case on to a newly qualified junior and messed it all up, the Office for the Supervision of Solictors stated the first could withdraw his services as it was a "professional judgement" and they could not question this, the 2nd was ordered to pay me £300 for losing me my case, they are only in it to make as much money as they can and the longer they drag it out the more they make.

you can look forward to months/years of none productive stress as they can`t do anything until the Banks answer their letters and the Halifax`s norm was an average of 3 months a time.

And when you give up so you can get on with your life, you`ll be debitted with the Banks Costs.

You are in a No Win No Win situation - pay them even if you don`t actually owe it - cheaper in the long run.

Cost me into double six figures to not pay £2609 I didn`t owe.

Legal Aid - don`t wish to be a damp squid just don`t get your hopes up,

been there with one who all he had to do was make the Halifax obey a Court Order and respond to an Independent Audit, instead he dragged it out for two years then withdrew his services just days before the repo hearing, I sued him via l/aid and another incompetent solcr who dumped my case on to a newly qualified junior and messed it all up, the Office for the Supervision of Solictors stated the first could withdraw his services as it was a "professional judgement" and they could not question this, the 2nd was ordered to pay me £300 for losing me my case, they are only in it to make as much money as they can and the longer they drag it out the more they make.

you can look forward to months/years of none productive stress as they can`t do anything until the Banks answer their letters and the Halifax`s norm was an average of 3 months a time.

And when you give up so you can get on with your life, you`ll be debitted with the Banks Costs.

You are in a No Win No Win situation - pay them even if you don`t actually owe it - cheaper in the long run.1. Not a chance i'd go to jail first 2 not all sols are that bad. I am in staffordshire and you are next door in cheshire which sols did you use?

Cost me into double six figures to not pay £2609 I didn`t owe.

I take it you have an indemnity clause saying that they can pass all court costs to you for ANY case involving your mortgage (even if its their fault)

if so you should complain to FSA about that clause being unfair, I did, and if enough people do it they can stop the use of it

Edited by rdm2006

;)

First I have ever heard of such a clause, will look into it and thanks, surely goes against common justice.

agreed not all Solcrs but it is a lottery which sort you get, one in Stockport the 2nd in Hanley, not prudent to name them but I can tell you if its the one you are using if you give a name, mine began with D.

Hanley? you are close to me lol

my sol is close to manchester

Sols beginning with a D? would that be in a street named piccadilly ?

;)

• 2 months later...

Is it any wonder the FOS are under the strain. The amount of worthless complaints they get are unbelievable.We live in a world were consumers continue to want money for nothing. I work in the finance industry anda customer wanted £1000 compensation because we called him out of hours. Do me a favour. I have no doubt that some cases will have experienced genuine bad customer service but the few badapples are spoiling the cart. Just look at the financial mess the insurance industry is in from over inflated claimsand personal injury claims. Insurance companies in this counrty are losing money hand over fist and I personally have to pay an extra £50 car insurance every year because some twonk claims for personal injury in a 2mph collision.

Like you said the FEW spoil it for the many so its not everyone is it..............

;)

The FOS is meant to be the place of last resort after going via the original company is it not? Yet I see lots of people being told to go to them as soon as they have an issue - presumably they get batted back and told to go back to the original company.

On top of that there are lots of spurious claims as mentioned above.

Like many people I've had texts, phone calls and emails from companies telling me I can claim money for the accident I had. I don't know how they know about this accident because I sure don't know about it! There's a whole industry out there encouraging people to make claims for little or no reason. Is it any wonder that some are tempted when times are hard. If they have a genuine claim then that's what we pay insurance for anyway, and if companies don't behave as they should then people should exercise their rights.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Is it any wonder the FOS are under the strain. The amount of worthless complaints they get are unbelievable.We live in a world were consumers continue to want money for nothing. I work in the finance industry anda customer wanted £1000 compensation because we called him out of hours. Do me a favour. I have no doubt that some cases will have experienced genuine bad customer service but the few badapples are spoiling the cart. Just look at the financial mess the insurance industry is in from over inflated claimsand personal injury claims. Insurance companies in this counrty are losing money hand over fist and I personally have to pay an extra £50 car insurance every year because some twonk claims for personal injury in a 2mph collision.

Something for nothing....... Banks want something for nothing. When you go to the bank for a loan, what they give you? Nothing. The loan is created by your signature on a document. The account is created on a computer screen and credited with the amount of the loan. The borrower agrees to pay a sum in installments plus interest but does the money exist? NO It is merely a credit and the ££££££ are created from nothing. It is called the FRACTIOAL RESERVE SYSTEM where banks can lend NINE TIMES the amount of money they have on deposit in the bank. Go into your bank and ask the Manager "does this bank create money from nothing?" and they will say oh no. I was chucked off Radio Lincolnshire for saying this about the Fractional Reserve System and money creation.Coming back to the FOS, they are only there to protect the banks. If they didn't the whole system would be changed and the FOS would be finished!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

More proof that the banks have nothing but contempt for the FOS and merely use it as a way of placing further obstacles in the way of the legitimate complaints of their customers

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?336075-Banks-and-insurers-take-hard-line-on-complaints-in-bid-to-cut-costs

Don't expect honest dealing from your bank. They have no morality whatsoever

Feb 2009 made initial complaint to FOS. August 2010 had to write a letter of complaint to the Chief Ombudsman to get her and her staff to " get their finger' out. Sept 2010 Adjudicator makes her decision (quite a good one, I got lucky) didnt last long, insurers refused it and appealed to the Ombudsman to make her final decision. Enter the Ombudsman and royally f... it up. Feb 2011 I get the final decision which is so full of holes, grey areas you name it, the insurers involved are running rings around the FOS. Feb 2012 and I am still not settled as the FOS are the most pathetic spineless, toothless tiger, smokescreen, insurance-bank-overall financial services propaganda Oxygen Thief - Waist of Rations in the country!

Ive went through the FOS full internal complaints procedure, complaining about the FOS themselves. Even all the way up to the so called Independent Assessor who is again a cheese dick excuse for independent, hmmmmmm how many people at the FOS have actually worked for Insurance companies and banks etc and will go back after their FOS attachment.

I have been lied to on several occassions and most recently when the Chief Ombudsman, Lead Ombudsman and deciding ombudsman blatantly lied through thEIr pie holes when I caught them Breaking-Changing-Overruling their own FINAL & LEGALLY BINDING DECISION.

TOP TIP FOLKS, BOLLOCKS TO AN FOS COMPLAINT, FIND A LAWYER

More proof that the banks have nothing but contempt for the FOS and merely use it as a way of placing further obstacles in the way of the legitimate complaints of their customers

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?336075-Banks-and-insurers-take-hard-line-on-complaints-in-bid-to-cut-costs

Don't expect honest dealing from your bank. They have no morality whatsoever

why am i NOT surprised lol

;)

• 4 weeks later...

This is quite a thread.

I just registered to post a similar critical sentiment.

My experience of the FOS is: consider it if you've no alternative such as bringing a civil court claim and can wait a long time for a decision.

Mine inexplicably took them 18 months plus for a really simple issue.

But if you have a good complaint and the compensation involved is material, consider using the courts.

The FOS adjudicators are not legally qualified and my experience was they did not properly analyse a complaint into the relevant issues and reach a proper, reasoned decision.

The decisions I received didn't adddress much of what I actually complained of and missed the point.

It took much longer than a court case would have taken and was of infinitely lower quality compared to the care the average judge devotes to their decision.

[edit]

Edited by dx100uk
external website edited out sorry - dx

This is quite a thread.

I just registered to post a similar critical sentiment.

My experience of the FOS is: consider it if you've no alternative such as bringing a civil court claim and can wait a long time for a decision.

Mine inexplicably took them 18 months plus for a really simple issue.

But if you have a good complaint and the compensation involved is material, consider using the courts.

The FOS adjudicators are not legally qualified and my experience was they did not properly analyse a complaint into the relevant issues and reach a proper, reasoned decision.

The decisions I received didn't adddress much of what I actually complained of and missed the point.

It took much longer than a court case would have taken and was of infinitely lower quality compared to the care the average judge devotes to their decision.

[edit]

Yes, you certainly have to stand your ground with the FOS. The key to an earliesh resolution is a well thought out complaint in the initial stages - one where they cant claim ambiguity or that insufficient information is given. Then you have to jump up and down on them everytime they attempt to overlook something. Almost certainly you should then push for an ombudsman referral if the adjudicator doesnt come up trumps for you. One thing I do dislike is their attempts to manipulate a settlement by contacting you be telephone. You should insist on communication by email or letter. It wont speed things up by much.. but it is free and you will never be responsible for costs.

However, if you have a clear cut case.. then you should really think about using the small claims court. The lower limit will be £10,000 from April 2012 so we hear.. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes, you certainly have to stand your ground with the FOS. The key to an earliesh resolution is a well thought out complaint in the initial stages - one where they cant claim ambiguity or that insufficient information is given. Then you have to jump up and down on them everytime they attempt to overlook something. Almost certainly you should then push for an ombudsman referral if the adjudicator doesnt come up trumps for you. One thing I do dislike is their attempts to manipulate a settlement by contacting you be telephone. You should insist on communication by email or letter. It wont speed things up by much.. but it is free and you will never be responsible for costs.

However, if you have a clear cut case.. then you should really think about using the small claims court. The lower limit will be £10,000 from April 2012 so we hear.. :)

Yet they say "we look at the facts and not how well they were presented"

The ombudsman service is a free and informal alternative to going to court. We decide if your complaint is valid by looking at the facts of the case – not at how well you present your complaint. And we prefer to hear from you in your own words.

total rubbish

;)