style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4066 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have made an offer of payment to clear a small debt which is owed,

they have written back, asking for details of out goings which isnt a problem to supply,

they are asking for wage slips,

can they actually ask for this?

please advise...cheers

i have made an offer of payment to clear a small debt which is owed, they have written back, asking for details of out goings which isnt a problem to supply, they are asking for wage slips, can they actually ask for this? please advise...cheers

Well, they can ask but there is no requirement to supply them, nor should you.

If you are making a full and final offer, it stands or falls on the price you negociate.

david

Who have asked? Opinion is divided on this they cant legally demand I&E from you but I suppose if you want them to consider your case and you have proof then the decision is yours, but I wouldn't supply bank account details.

If you are happy to pay the debt with nominal payments just fill in I&E statement send it without payslips and see what happens next.

How old is the debt, when was last payment made? What is debt for?

This is just my opinion

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Don't send them anything to do with payslips/employer...they have no right to it and neither do they require it for a simple I&E form.

Don't forget, if they don't accept your offer and you cannot reach an agreement they may have your employer details and start ringing you at work etc?

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

i have made an offer of payment to clear a small debt which is owed, they have written back, asking for details of out goings which isnt a problem to supply, they are asking for wage slips, can they actually ask for this? please advise...cheers

All you have to do is say this is how much I can afford, it's all your getting would you like it by so or bank giro.

end of story

Only a court can legally ask for your I & E !

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

assuming they ALREADY know you employer then there is no harm in proving your income- they are not so stupid as to accept your word for it- you could be making it up- and it is YOU asking them for help

however if they dont know your employer then best not to tell them as they may use this to get an AOE order if they get a ccj

but whilst you are at it send off a quid and get a copy of the cca under s78 in the meantime and see what comes back

• 1 month later...

they can't add charges on to a debt. I would start playing hardball with them. Never speak to them on the phone, have everything in writing. Get them a CCA request, dependant on what the debt is. Make sure they have the legal right to collect the debt.

Is it a credit card, overdraft, loan? Who is the company involved?

Yes, send a CCA request. Even if you intend on paying something to settle the debt a CCA request will strengthen your position (assuming they do not have correct paperwork).

Ash.

If you think I have helped you, please add to my reputation by clicking the star button to the left.

Thankyou.

• 1 month later...

Well done :D

If only I could get them to send me their bank details so I could pay mine, I'd be happy but no, too easy - you must provide I/E - actually no I dont - we'll take you to court - ok, see you there

This is where we're at but hopefully they will see sense soon cos I aint budging!!! :razz:

Personally, I would have BCW work for their money before paying them anything - hence the CCA request suggestons made previously.

It may be (and VERY likely, being BCW) that they haven't got any legal right to claim this money, or are not able to substantiate the debt.

BCW are clowns of the first degree - I even got into an argument with one who started quoting the Bible! I wish I'd recorded that (pre-Truecall days!), because my response pretty much ended the conversation.