1st response back, what to do

heidi1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Had our first responswe back, they basically ask for us to wait until after the test case. Do we proceed to court (I know they will apply for a stay, but my thinking is as least it will be at court waiting for when the time comes)

Also they ask us to get in touch regarding financial difficulties and to discuss this with them, would this do any harm or should I avoid at all costs? Sorry to ask a question that has probably been asked a million times or more :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance

Heidi

I am not a legal expert, any advice I give is based purley on experience or opinion.

Please tip the scales if you feel I have helped you!! :D

Hi Heidi,

If that was a response to your Preliminary Letter , that is the usual response .... just ignore it .. and when the 16 days are up 14+2(for delivery)from when you posted your Prelim. .... send them a Letter Before Action ... (LBA) :

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/112-letter-before-action-bank-charges

As for discussing 'Financial Difficulties ' ..... it won't do any harm to play their game ... they need to be seen to be caring about your financial situation...... when really they don't give a toss ..... but they have to go through the motions .. and if you don't play that game , they'll say you were 'offered support and ignored it '

They'll get you to jump through hoops and fill in I & E forms .... then(usually) tell you that you don't meet their criteria for 'Hardship' .... very few do :rolleyes: .....but maybe I'm just a cynic .....LOL .

Stick to the timeable you give them on the LBA ... (another 16 days ) ... then start court proceedings .......

Come back and ask if you need help with this ...... Oh! can I ask you to stick to this thread please Heidi .... or we'll lose the continuity of your case ...... :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Ahhhh thank you, I'm sorry I'm just beginning to wobble a bit!! I'll prep that then and wing it in the post :)

I am not a legal expert, any advice I give is based purley on experience or opinion.

Please tip the scales if you feel I have helped you!! :D