Hidden PPI and CCA Claim 'Punishment'

creditcruncha
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4071 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi good people! Can anyone clairfy 2 points:

a. Is PPI always indicated as a separate charge/item on a statement, or might it be 'embedded' in the total balance? Also, if a recurring charge item is indicated as life insurance, is that the same as PPI? ie, how can you know if you are being charged for PPI without having discussed it - are the payments always obvious and regularly indicated?

b. If someone is disputing a credit card balance's enforceability after bank's inability to comply with CCA request, can the same bank demand full payment of a (separate) loan agreement that has nothing to do with the credit card account other than having been issued by the same bank?

Hi good people! Can anyone clairfy 2 points:

a. Is PPI always indicated as a separate charge/item on a statement, or might it be 'embedded' in the total balance? no often hidden

Also, if a recurring charge item is indicated as life insurance, is that the same as PPI? yes

ie, how can you know if you are being charged for PPI without having discussed it - are the payments always obvious and regularly indicated? no

b. If someone is disputing a credit card balance's enforceability after bank's inability to comply with CCA request, can the same bank demand full payment of a (separate) loan agreement that has nothing to do with the credit card account other than having been issued by the same bank?

yes

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok as this is confirmed as a credit card it would list it, so life ins is prob the one to reclaim. sadly many diff co's use diff names to 'mask' the ppi.

but i bet if you had the cca it would show what this 'life ins' covers and i bet its the cc repayments for xx time and not full life ins.

dx'

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok as this is confirmed as a credit card it would list it, so life ins is prob the one to reclaim. sadly many diff co's use diff names to 'mask' the ppi.

but i bet if you had the cca it would show what this 'life ins' covers and i bet its the cc repayments for xx time and not full life ins.

dx'

dx thanks again but I was misunderstood - there are two accounts in question: one is a loan which charges a regular amount for life insurance as a stand-alone item (and I now undertand that this is similar to PPI for purposes of the discussion); but the second is a credit card account which doesnt seem to show PPI or other insurance but I am concerned about whether it may be 'invisibly' built into the card account some way and wondering how I can determine this.

dx thanks again but I was misunderstood - there are two accounts in question: one is a loan which charges a regular amount for life insurance as a stand-alone item (and I now undertand that this is similar to PPI for purposes of the discussion); but the second is a credit card account which doesnt seem to show PPI or other insurance but I am concerned about whether it may be 'invisibly' built into the card account some way and wondering how I can determine this.

ah right

if it doesn't show on a cc statement then its not being charged

so the second one has no ppi .

dx

and they

• 3 years later...
ah right

if it doesn't show on a cc statement then its not being charged

so the second one has no ppi .

dx

Dx

Hello again - just wading through more paper, I've found old Woolwich mortage details. I think I may have paid PPI on this without it being listed as a separate item. Do I need to submit an SAR to find this out or is there another way? It runs from Nov 1999 to I think May 2002 so would it still be possible to reclaim?

Thanks as ever

C

Dx

Hello again - just wading through more paper, I've found old Woolwich mortage details. I think I may have paid PPI on this without it being listed as a separate item. Do I need to submit an SAR to find this out or is there another way? It runs from Nov 1999 to I think May 2002 so would it still be possible to reclaim?

Thanks as ever

C

this thread like the others you post on are years old

start your own threads clare

and they