Harrington Brooks

BigTom8
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was previously with Debt Matters and they have now been bought by Harrington Brooks. Now I find that Harrington Brooks have not paid by creditors for Oct 09. Despite numerous phone calls and e-mails to them they never respond and now I am being threatened by court action etc and all the phone calls and letters have started coming again. Harrington Brooks say that they have problems transferring all their Debt Matters customers, however, this does not stop my creditors call me. Advice anyone?

Harrington Brooks say that they have problems transferring all their Debt Matters customers

do you have this in writing? would be a big help...

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

Harrington Brooks are useless, you are better off dealing with the matter yourself. Debt management companies are not interested in anything other than getting customers onboard, once you are there you are not treated very well.

You are far better going it alone with help from us. Tell Harrington Brooks that you are not dealing with them anymore and send your creditors this letter

Dear Creditor

I am dismayed to find the debt management company I appointed has not kept their agreement to pay you regularly and am now requesting a full statement of the debt from you so I can properly draw up a new income and expenditure form and accurately reallocate my funds. I am entitled to a free statment from you once a year under consumer legislation so do not need to send a fee.

Please also note that telephone calls are not welcomed and I also revoke any authority you may think exists to send somebody round to assess my current situation.

As soon as I have all the information I need from my creditors I will be able to draw up a new payment plan.

Should legal proceedings be instigated these will be vigorously counter-claimed.

Yours

(remember not to sign it -use a printing font - after all they do!)

You actually should not send an income & expenditure form at ANY stage to them nor should you let them know who your other creditors are.

Keep all letters short and free of legal stuff and they won't know how to deal with you!

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any ex Debt Matters Ltd clients on here who have had to go over to Harrington Brooks who are having similar problems with these people. They have now taken two months payments from me but still fail to pay my creditors or even contact them. Talking to Harrington Brooks is like pulling teeth!! Anyone having similar problems?

why the chuff are you still giving them money if they're keeping it and not passing it along?

Seriously:

I do have quite a few creditors and would be ever so time consuming.

if you follow the advice on here, you might find that more than a few of your ALLEGED creditors have unenforceable agreements, or owe you more than you owe them (allegedly!).

If you manage to find one ALLEGED debt unenforceable, how many hours at minimum wage would that pay for?

Carpe Jugulum

nope.

it's up to the DCA to prove it enforceable -

you TELL them to send you a copy of the credit agreement.

you send them a £1 postal order to cover their costs.

you DON'T sign the letter.

if they don't reply within 12 days (+2 to allow for posting) then you stop paying.

If they reply, then post a copy on here - we'll tell you whether it contains everything it should to make it enforceable.

If it IS enforceable, then you TELL the debt collector what you are going to pay them. then you pay them and ignore everyting else.

If they are stupid enough to take you to court - VERY unlikely! - then you ask us for advice, and we help you through it - I think we win about 95% of cases.

Carpe Jugulum

I suspect that when you look into it, you will find that very little of the money that you have been paying has actually gone towards paying off these alleged debts anyway :( From what I've seen, most of these "debt management" companies seem to be yet another way of screwing money out of people who can ill afford it.

I agree with bigegg, take a little time to sort things out for yourself. Have a good read of these forums, you'll soon discover what's what.