Parking Ticket - Machine not working

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My partner took the children to a park, but the three machines were not working.

Rather than disapoint the children and retrun home, she parked her car. However, when she retruned a parking ticket was placed on the car. Later, she realised that the machine had a telephone number to call in the event that the machine is not working.

I can see that it is partly her fault, but the with the pay machines not working, I was wondering if anything can be done.

Thanks

If it's a council PCN, the council should have a log of maintenance and repairs to p&d machines. When you appeal, ask them to check the log, and this should corroborate your account. Assuming it does, it would be reasonable to expect a cancel.

Cheers for your replys.

It is a council car park. There is no public phone.

A friend who was with my partner has already had her appeal rejected. There were two other men also trying to use the machines at the same time.- Aparently, the machines would not accept coins at the time of my partner trying.

When my partner and friend returned to their cars (witn tickets affixed), they were speaking to someone who said that when he arrived at mid- afternoon the machines were working - so they must have either been temporairily not working or have been fixed. I must say, I have been to parking ticket machines when for some reason they will not accept coins and then after trying, say ten minutes later they accet the coins- I do not know why this is.

The ticket was issued between 13:00 and 13:10.

It seems a touchunreasonable as the machines were not working and, in total, at that time, four people were trying to use them.

Thanks

All this will be on record. When you appeal, ref. the other car, and ask them to check the time and date for that location and they will see other such cases. Also, as I said, ask them to check the maintenace log for the machines.

They may reject it anyway, but if so you can proceed to a formal representation, which they (should) treat more thoroughly.

The fact that all 3 machines were not working at that time would suggest they are linked by software. In which case there should be a record of a system reboot or such at the time.

You cannot be expected to phone them unless they provide a means to do so. Was there a public phone box in the car park? No? Then you would have to leave to phone them, getting a ticket in the meantime.

Appeal on the basis that all 3 machines were out of order at the time of parking. They will no doubt have CCTV of the car park, so ask them to view the footage and they will see you trying to pay.

Thansk very much for your replys. We will appeal and further to describing the events, we will use the other car registration (partner's friend) as a witness that the machines were not working at that time.

Thanks