Ukpc Brunel University Update! Help Needed Asap Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all, im fairly new to this so be easy on me:) Anyway, a few weeks back I went to visit my girlfriend at brunel university, west london. Anyway, the pay and display car park was so full that there was no where to park at all. Every corner of the car park was surrounded by double yellow lines and cars in all the designated bays, apart from area of the car park. Now, in this area was just a space for 3 cars to fit, of which 2 cars where already parked. So I decided to fill the third spot. There were no bays marked on the ground and there was most certainly no signage or anything of the sort clearly stating not to park in this area. To be honest it was just a large indent from the kerb next to a building for 3 cars to park in it. Anyway, I also purchased a ticket from the machine for 2 hours. When I returned I was presented with a parking ticket, alongside my car was the other cars with their tickets also. What I want to know is, can I be liable for this ticket? I understand it is private property, but there was no bay markings or signage AT all for that matter. I took a few photos for my reference, but can anyone help me! SORRY FOR THE ESSAY!

You just have what is known as an unenforceable invoice.

It's a [problem].

• do not pay

• do not contact them

ignore their threatening junkmail

• same applies to any rubbish from their powerless debt collectors

• they will give up and go away

are you sure? I am really scared? I don't want any debt collectors knocking on my door or ruining my credit rating! The fact is, this area of the car park did not display any parking bays or ANY signs, no signs at all! I checked everywhere! I even have the ticket I paid for in my possession. Are you entirely sure that I SHOULD NOT pay? Many thanks for your reply by the way!

are you sure? I am really scared? I don't want any debt collectors knocking on my door
Debt collectors have no powers. They can knock if they like, but they have no authority to demand money from you.

or ruining my credit rating!
You have no credit agreement with them. the only possible way that your credit rating might be affected is if, and this is a giant if, they go to court, then win, and you then refuse, or are unable, to pay. This is extremely unlikely at each stage.

The fact is, this area of the car park did not display any parking bays or ANY signs, no signs at all! I checked everywhere! I even have the ticket I paid for in my possession. Are you entirely sure that I SHOULD NOT pay? Many thanks for your reply by the way!
Don't just not pay. Ignore them entirely. Read the sticky posts. Read the other UKPC posts. The stories and the advice are always the same.

Shocking signage from UKPC aswell - quite small and quite misleading - they use terms such as fine on signage in the Dorset area.

As has been said, just more PPC junk.

Feel safe to ignore!

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

• 3 weeks later...

hello everyone, I am in some desperate need for some further information. This morning I recieved a letter from Debt Recovery Plus stating that " despite previous requests for payment the above Parking Charge Notice remains unpaid. Our client has now instructed us to recover the above monies". I am terrified. It also includes things about CCJs and what not. For anyone who does not know my situation, here it is again!: -

Hello all, im fairly new to this so be easy on me:-) Anyway, a few weeks back I went to visit my girlfriend at brunel university, west london. Anyway, the pay and display car park was so full that there was no where to park at all. Every corner of the car park was surrounded by double yellow lines and cars in all the designated bays, apart from area of the car park. Now, in this area was just a space for 3 cars to fit, of which 2 cars where already parked. So I decided to fill the third spot. There were no bays marked on the ground and there was most certainly no signage or anything of the sort clearly stating not to park in this area. To be honest it was just a large indent from the kerb next to a building for 3 cars to park in it. Anyway, I also purchased a ticket from the machine for 2 hours. When I returned I was presented with a parking ticket, alongside my car was the other cars with their tickets also. What I want to know is, can I be liable for this ticket? I understand it is private property, but there was no bay markings or signage AT all for that matter. I took a few photos for my reference, but can anyone help me! SORRY FOR THE ESSAY!

Please can somebody help me! I am terrified and I am on the verge of just paying them to get them off my back? Thank you!

Limahl

It’s working then!

The whole idea of all the letters from dept collectors and all that rubbish in them is to get you scared so you pay up. I think it’s called psychology. I was in the same boat 18 months ago, they just gave up in the end. Just ignore them.

are you sure mate? even if they threaten me with taking me to court and all this legal fee malarky is all a front? Did you receive any other correspondence/letters from them after this debt recovery plus one? thanks for your reply by the way!

Hi I got 2 letters from the PPC, 2 from DCA then 2 from supposed solicitor then peace perfect peace for the last 8 months.

dpick

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640

are you sure mate? even if they threaten me with taking me to court and all this legal fee malarky is all a front? Did you receive any other correspondence/letters from them after this debt recovery plus one? thanks for your reply by the way!

Please do not take this the wrong way but get a grip of yourself. All you need to know is that should UKPC file a county court claim against you, the law is heavily on your side and you will be able to mount a very strong defence. If you lost the judge would make you pay back in installments that are based on your financial circumstances.

In reality, the chance of you gonig to court is less than half a percent. All you are getting are bits of paper with words on - they mean nothing so how on earth can these people be terrifying you? The worst they could ever do is get a CCJ against you which would damage your credit for six years. It is not exactly having your fingernails pulled out or your ears cut off.

My advice to you is collect the mail you recieve from UKPC and their agents and keep it safe but disregard what it says. Relax and ignore it. It is a [problem] and nothing more. By the way, the only court cases PPC's tend to win are those that are either poorly defended or not defended at all. I guess what I'm trying to say is that even if they do their worst they still will not win.

All of us on here have had dealings with these companies and know the score. Take our advice, you wont regret it!

Sorry to be blunt but what I have said is in your best interest.

TFT

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Lol, thanks for that vote of confidence. I say I am terrified because this is all new to me in terms of ignoring these companies. I am mainly afraid of recieving a ccj, thats my main concern. However, I am going to carry on ignoring these letters from these idiots, I just hope your right mate! Lets see what happens! haha!

The worst they could ever do is get a CCJ against you which would damage your credit for six years. It is not exactly having your fingernails pulled out or your ears cut off.

Even if you loose the court case you will still not receive a CCJ on your credit file if you pay whatever is ordered by the judge within 28 days. Worst case senario I would think is he would instruct you to pay the original parking notice value with a few (reasonable) costs maybe added on.

Lol, thanks for that vote of confidence. I say I am terrified because this is all new to me in terms of ignoring these companies. I am mainly afraid of recieving a ccj, thats my main concern. However, I am going to carry on ignoring these letters from these idiots, I just hope your right mate! Lets see what happens! haha!

I think that if you understood the implications of the law in this area and the County Courts system then you would understand just how impossible it would be for UKPC to obtain a CCJ against you.

The County Court is about recovering loss or damages and not about profit. These companies can claim whatever money the like from you, it is up to a judge whether they are awarded. Anyway, even if they did win against you you still have 28days to pay before a CCJ is recorded against you. I do understand though, conventional wisdom is that you shouldn't ignore companies demanding payment. However, you must remember that any one can set up a company and send out meaningless threats. You are not dealing with anyone that is of authority or in a position of power.

This matter is simply a contractual dispute, it is up to UKPC to take people to court to prove their case. The fact of the matter is that UKPC wont take you to court because it is a costly and time consuming process, the chances of wining are remote and than are more than enough people who buy in to this whole [problem] and cough up. It is simply not a commercially viable option to sue people.

There is literally greater chances of you being hit by a bus or winning the lottery than ending up at the court.

BTW, don't take my word for it, there are hundreds of people on here who will tell you much the same. Do some research on PPC's and I promise you that you will look back and laugh at this situation.

Best Regards

TFT

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

I think it was six letters in all. Keep the letters and read them again in six months time. What they say and what they do are completly differnt things.:)

2 threads merged please keep to one thread it allows others to see what has been posted previously and avoids any confusion :)

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

Lol, thanks for that vote of confidence. I say I am terrified because this is all new to me in terms of ignoring these companies. I am mainly afraid of recieving a ccj, thats my main concern.

Debt collectors make a load of threats but have very little in way of teeth.

The letters are all pretty standard format and will make things seem like you have no hope. Mrs Pin1onu received one recently from a DCA after a dispute with her motor insurance company. It threatened CCJ's, Credit Rating, Bailiffs etc. Sound familiar.

There is a whole raft of problems that the PPCs have to overcome before they can get you to court.

BTW even if you get a CCJ (very unlikely in your case) your credit record won't be affected if you pay within the time stipulated by court (normally 28 days). The debt gets marked as satisfied on the register.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------