Newline Securities

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4698 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I parked in a Vistors Parking bay on a private development, which was clearly marked for visitors. The signage in the car-park made no reference to visitors parking in designated bays to have permits to do so. I found that my car clamped at 11:20pm on a Sunday night and it was subsequently towed at 1:45am.

I was told that I had to pay £427.00 to get the car released!!! I attended the depot and very relecutantly paid the amount due, to release the car (I had little choice). Before I was allowed to take posession of my car I was asked to sign a Damage Report Sheet. The clampers had checked the car presumably at some point between clamping, towing and storage and found there only to be 3 small scratches on the paintwork.

However, when I inspected the vehicle i found the front bonnet to be cracked and grease hand prints all over the front of the car. I told them that this damage was caused by them due to their negligence and carelessness, they disagreed (no surprises there!). I asked them for their insurance details and they told me I had to write in and 'appeal' within 14 days.

How on earth to do these [edit] get away with this sort of operation? I have written to them stating my point and requesting their insurer details, but I am not holding my breathe for a favourable response.

I am considering taking them to a County Court over this. Has anyone had any experience with this Company or indeed the likely chance of success (they apparently are a frequent feature on watchdog and local north london newspapers!!) If it does go to Court, I could possibly make them a Part 36 Offer to settle, i.e. refund those fees incurred and I will drop the insurance claim?!

Edited by steven4064
swear filter bypass

How on earth to do these [edit] get away with this sort of operation?

Because we have an idiotic Prime Minister and an equally idiotic government. There seems to be two issues here (1) appealing against the clamping and (2) claiming damages for the damage to your car.

Firstly, have you/can you get any photos of the nature and location of signage so that we can evaluate the situation?

Regards,

TFT

Edited by steven4064
see post 1

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

If it does go to Court, I could possibly make them a Part 36 Offer to settle, i.e. refund those fees incurred and I will drop the insurance claim?!

Why would you make such an offer? If you don't believe the signage was clear that you required a permit, then you didn't agree to the clamping/towing in the first place. Sue both the clamping company and the landowner for the return of those fees. As a seperate issue you can sue for the damage to your car through their insurance agent anyway.

Go for all payments back and don't let them off with damaging your car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coco79 viewpost.gif

How on earth to do these [edit] get away with this sort of operation?

Because we have an idiotic Prime Minister and an equally idiotic government.

This kind of behaviour has been going on long before the current

Labour Government came to power..

It is also not our place to moralise, enforce our political views upon

others, nor make Judgement where it has not been requested.

Such quotes could also be seen to be Libellous and also damage

the reputation and standing of the forums, not withstanding the

legal implications to the owners of the forums and the Community

as a whole.

Otherwise, good luck to the OP... Don't forget to cite the Land Owner

as well as the Clamping Company jointly in any County Court Action..

Best wishes, Dave..

Edited by steven4064
see post 1 (I am not going to stifle political "debate")

• 4 months later...

At Brentford County court today I successfully reclaimed the clamping fees imposed on me by Newline Securities in April 2008, plus my costs. Newline have been lurking around for ages so hopefully the payment will come through within the 14 days allowed. If not, I WILL pursue it.

Just wanted to offer encouragement to the OP that if you strongly believe you are in the right, it is a fairly straightforward matter to take them to court to reclaim the fees. Bit nervewracking tho ...

BTW, I only started my appeal a year after the original clamping (I hadn't realised I could take this route) so it's definitely not too late for the OP. But be prepared for it to go to court - Newline would not even accept the mediation offered: the MD, a Mr Troullous (do a web search ...) was in court today to vigorously defend my claim. He also stated there and then he wanted to appeal, but permission was refused.

Good luck!

well done Lynn ( and welcome to CAG )

with Andreas attitude in court a few time's he is bound Trou - llous :D

typical response as in a few of his other cases there were signs , stange one where he tried it on with a Council Maintained Road , and the one where they claimed they owned the small bit of land, but not allowed to put signs on the building wall, which was on the land

[problematic] from day one

Thank you for the welcome! :) I will definitely look in daily from now on to see what's going on in the various different threads.

Energised by yesterday's success I am determined not to shrug my shoulders any more and put things down to experience: when I am in the right, I will get justice.

I claimed as I believed there was inadequate signage, although it was a bit more complicated than that (needless to say!). Newline had put up notices around our estate to say the scheme was restarting (after being suspended for 5 months) but not one in an area where I would see them and they didn't write individually to each resident to let them know. Hence I didn't display my permit although I had one.

Obviously the facts are different in your case but if you are convinced you are right then perhaps you might give it a try in the courts. I can't remember what the costs involved are if you lose (eg do you have to pay their costs?). In my case it cost £50 to go to court (half to put in the claim, the other half when it was allocated to a court). As I said earlier, you would need to prepared for it to go to court: it probably will do because they fight all the way. The Money Claim Online website is quite comprehensive regarding what to do and so on.

I hope this is useful - if there's any other info I can provide just let me know. I'm more than happy to help a fellow victim of Newline who is being unjustly treated :)

Just fallen victim to newline myself. My son parked car in same place he has been parking for 3 months while at work (small service road behind shops). Came out of work and found car clamped & Newline signs stuck up with glue on fence next to his car - glue stil wet!! Newline phone number left on car just straight to answer phone. I looked up Newline on Google - website "under construction" so no access to info, but other phone number displayed - suprise - straight to answerphone! Left msg to phone me urgently - call has never been returned. Phoned Police who also tried number on website with no joy either. Phoned again following morning and got reply, but told could not pay over phone for clamp to be released - need to go to car. Told would cost £247! Was making arrangements to try to leave work to get to car when Newline phoned to say car had been towed & was now in a car pound! Now would cost £500 to get car back! Went down to "pound" -tiny litttle yard surrounded by corrugated iron / barbed wire & was met by a bevvy of thugs who insulted my son & his dad, then told us to "f - off out of their yard" and we couldn't have car. They pushed and shoved us - got my son by the throat & I got hit in the eye. called police, but Spurs / Arsenal match on & they did not show up. Eventually was "allowed" to pay, just to get out of there as really feared for our lives. V shocked still, but about to report properly to police (assault) & persuing validity of the clamp in the first place - took pictures etc.. Absolutely horrific experience - still can't quite believe what happened...

That is quite horrific, although not as surprising as it ought to be. I really hope you manage to get these people brought to justice. This might be the sort of story that a local or national newspaper would be interested in: clamping violence and police inaction.

It really is about time clamping was outlawed because whatever regulation there is clearly isn't working. If a few of our legislators lived in the real world (without their chauffeur-driven cars and the like) and were clamped they would soon leap into action. Instead, it's left to innocent individuals to defend ourselves against people who will do virtually anything to grab a bit more cash. Disgusting. :mad:

Went to report to police today at my local station, but they advised need to go to station in area incident happened. Also need to go with my son & his dad, as all 3 of us assaulted. Local police were "concerned" that my 3 999 calls were not acted on - not sure if police ever turned up, but left after an hour of waiting as keen to just get out in one piece. Get the impression police not too interested really - prob too much paperwork for them I guess. Will report to police once all 3 of us available - all takes so much time, when really I want to put the whole horrific incident behind me & get on with living! Can't really let Newline get away with it - I'm sure i'm not the first or last unsuspecting victim of these thugs. :evil:

dont let the Police put you off, these [problematic] need being sorted , your efforts wil help a lot,

lets hope they get convicted,

please dont let them away with it if they try to just refund you,

if they get convicted, you should get the money etc back anway and maybe compensation

• 1 month later...

Have reported assault incident to police after several attempts - police not really interested and were more concerned that 999 call was not attended. I wrote 3 weeks ago to Newline head office to appeal £500 charge, but no correspondence back. Police seem to think not enough evidence for assault charge (although whole thing was probably recorded during original 8 minute 999 call). Still keen to persue thru small claims court - still no signage up in road where we were clamped - outrageous really, the amount of power these clampers seem to have?? would really appreciate any guidance anyone else may offer, as I am a single working mum, and don't exactly have bundles of time / finances, but do have a strong wish to seek justice and stop these [problematic]:mad:

I remember how outraged I was when Newline wrongly clamped me, and the feeling that I wanted to get justice so I can totally empathise with you. I too am a single working mum with little cash or time, but I felt so strongly I couldn't let that put me off. Would you like a copy of the bundle I put together, to give you an idea of what I did? And also Newline's bundle? (very neat, organised and comprehensive). It scared me when I got it in the post before the hearing, but I had to remind myself that they were still in the wrong, no matter how much paperwork they put before the judge. I think you are in London (Arsenal/Spurs match?) as I am, so I'll come to the court on the day (if you decide to take that route) to offer moral support if you like.

Thanks for your reply, lynn. Very encouraging and I would be very grateful if you could forward any of the info you mentioned - as we both know its a lot of time & effort to get anything done in these cases. Sounds like you really did a great job- BTW, any news about your re-imbursement? Also, did you have any legal representation or did you go it alone? I live in North London area (Finchley). I'm certainly not afraid to put in efforts required. Initially, I was v scared since they threatened my 19year old son, and they know both where he works (he works late also)and where we live. Still quite wary about persuing the assault charge, espec since police not helpful at all so will prob focus on obtaining justice from the unfair clamping / hideously inflated charging aspect. Can't let such grossly disgusting behaviour go unchallenged!

Yes, I found it quite scary that they knew where I lived (I had a residents permit for a scheme they were operating, but they're not doing it now). I got the cheque (late, of course!) and paid it into the bank. It's been a couple of weeks now, so I guess it's all gone through. I was all set up to get bailiffs to go round, but was thwarted!! Never mind ;)

I'll PM you and to arrange for you to see all the papers associated with the claim in case it can help to help you decide what to do.

• 2 months later...

Got clamped by Newline today.I rent a storage unit and they control the loading there.The rules are:

1.a valid permit must be displayed stating date,time of arrival/departure and vehicle reg or,

2.Loading for 30 mins is allowed as long as time of arrival is displayed and hazzard lights are left on.

I fell into catagory 2.

I arrived at 11.33am and placed a sign on my dashboard stating this.I made one journey to my unit without incident but on returning from the second I found that the clampers were just finishing up.They issued me with a ticket stating I had not displayed a permit and a clamping time of 11.41,8 minutes after I had arrived.They stated that I was only allowed 15 minutes and that the 11.33 time of arrival was false as the paper it was written on had some other notes on it that had been scribbled out.They stated that I had tampered with the paper and that I had been observed prior to 11.33,although I had not.After lenghthy phone calls to both the owner of the storage units and the clampers I was forced to pay £100 to have the clamp removed.

I have sent a letter of appeal to the clampers for return of my £100 but my whole day has been wasted and I think this should also be compensated.

What is my next move.Who can I sue?

Have a read of the clamping guide in the stickies section at the top of this thread. It will provide you with a starting point

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Newline Securities Ltd has put in a proposal at the Companies House to be struck off. Any who has objections to write to companies house or phone Co House on 0303 123 4500 especially if they have not paid you back any claims you have won in court. When you currently pay the fee, this is being paid to N18 Vehicle Pound Ltd (Co Reg 7272787) which was incorporated on 3/06/2010. On the receipt there is also Newline Parking Management Ltd (Co Reg 07298845) incorporated on 29/06/10. They did not want to confirm which company actually took the money when they clamp me (youtube and facebook being uplifted as we are doing a major video about them and how they clamp a vehicle in front of the driver, then ask for £147 to release it immediately) and every time I phoned they are unable to give me the info so had to call them many times but still not clear about these as they did not really answer the question. I also wanted to know the name of the person and they all refuse to give their name. As they refuse to give their name, I had no choice than to record the conversation and I will refer the case to SIA as even back office workers need to be registered. The person who took the payment and clamp the car in front of me wear A NEWLINE SECURITIES UNIFORM (PHOTO ON YOUTUBE AND FACEBOOK). Journalists, Councillors, Authorities, We need to do a thorugh investigation here.