Reasure me please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Recieved a phone call tonight from HFC saying they want the outstanding balance of the mastercard back. I have Just sent them a letter before action and due to fill in court claim next week.

I have offered a token payment for now but told them was not dicussiing it further until the complain (as they called it) was settled. Can someone reassure me that i will get my money back from them (£900) i dont mind fighting in court etc but just worried a little as they are staying things like bad debt (which we a ready have)

Many thanks

Emma

HFC - Data protection letter sent - 17/07/06

- prim letter sent for £900 - 27/07/06

- LBA sent 10/08/06 asking for £945

- letter from HFC offering £450

- Letter from HFC offering £946.36

- Settled in full before filing MCOL

Ikea - Data protection letter sent - 31/07/06

- prim letter for £580 - 10/08/06

-Letter from ikea offering £250 - refused

-LBA sent 26/08/06

- Settled in full before filing MCOL

Alliance and Leicester

- Prim letter sent for £815 - 10/05/07

- LBA sent for £815 - 31/05/07

- Letter from A and L offering £143.50

HSBC - Data protection sent 10/05/07

Emma, don't let these people frighten you. I have had many dealings with HFC staff and there demanding speaches. They constantly called me, threatened me, told me if I didn't pay they would send the bailiffs round etc, etc and it's all nonsense.

• Firstly, you WILL get your money back from them. It's yours and you are entitled to it back.
  • secondly, if they are demanding payment in full immediately then you should contact the consumer credit counselling service CCCS - or the citizens advice bureau www.http:citizensadvice.org.uk and ask for guidance. If there is no way that you can afford to pay them in full then they will help negotiate a repayment plan. HFC cannot take what you haven't got and unless you have a secured loan on your house with them they cannot touch it. They will tell you they can, just tell them it's boll**cks and they should ask for further training as they obviously don't know what they are talking about.
  • Thirdly if you have a reasonable or good credit rating you could apply for another card with low interest and do a balance transfer. Just make sure you read all the terms and conditions carefully to make sure you don't get an extortiate rate later down the line. some companies that do 0% for six months tend to have a really high interest rate after the six month period so look into it. this way, if HFC demand repayment and try to put you of claiming what is rightfully yours you can tell them to go take a hike as you would rather not have an account with their company anyway.

I hope this helps. Whatever happens don't let them worry or frighten you with their tactics. I was always being threatened and now they know they don't get away with it from me they have given up trying.

Stand your ground!

best of luck :)