• Tweets

• Hi, In my last post I mentioned I had received an email from SS who were asking me to hand over the keys to my mother’s flat so they could pass them to the Law firm who have been appointed court of protection to access, secure and insure my mother’s property.  Feeling this, all quickly getting out of my hands I emailed ss requesting proof of this. I HAVEN’T HEARD BACK FROM SS.  Yesterday, I received an email (with attached court of protection order) from the Law Firm confirming this was correct (please see below a copy of this).  After reading the court of protection order I do have some concerns about it:   (a)   I only found out yesterday, the Law firm had been appointed by the court back in January.  Up until now, I have not received any notification regarding this.  (b)   Section 2   - States I am estranged from my mother.  This is NOT CORRECT    The only reason I stepped back from my mother was to protect myself from the guy (groomer) who had befriended her & was very aggressive towards me & because of my mother’s dementia she had become aggressive also.  I constantly tried to warned SS about this guy's manipulative behaviour towards my mother and his increasing aggressiveness towards me (as mentioned in previous posts).  Each time I was ignored.  Instead, SS encouraged his involvement with my mother – including him in her care plans and mental health assessments.   I was literally pushed out because I feared him and my mother’s increasing aggression towards me. Up until I stepped back, I had always looked after my mother and since her admission to the care home, I visit regularly.   .(c)    Sections -  4, 5 and 7  I am struggling to understand these as I don’t have a legal background.  I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to explain what they mean.  It’s been a horrendous situation where I had to walk away from my mother at her most vulnerable because of; ss (not helping), scammer and groomer. I have no legal background, nor experience in highly manipulative people or an understanding of how the SS system operates, finding myself isolated, scared and powerless to the point I haven’t collected my personal belongings and items for my mother’s room in the care home.  Sadly, the court has only had heard one version of this story SS’s, and based their decision on that. My mother’s situation and the experience I have gone through could happen to anyone who has a vulnerable parent.    If anyone any thoughts on this much appreciated.  Thank you. ______________________________________________________  (Below is the Court of Protection Order)  COURT OF PROTECTION                                                                                                                                                                                   No xxx  MENTAL CAPACITY ACT 2005 In the matter of Name xxx ORDER Made by  Depty District Judge At xxx Made on xxx Issued on 18 January 2024  WHEREAS  1.     xxx Solicitors, Address xxx  ("Applicant”) has applied for an order under the Mental Capacity Act 2005.  2.     The Court notes (my mother) is said to be estranged from all her three children and only one, (me) has been notified.  3.     (Me) was previously appointed as Atorney for Property and Affairs for (my mother).  The Exhibity NAJ at (date) refers to (me) and all replacement Attorneys are now officially standing down.  4.     Pursuant to Rule 9.10 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 and Practice Direction 9B the Applicant 2must seek to identify at least three persons who are likely to have an interest in being notified that an application has been issues.”  The children of (my mother), and any other appointed attorneys are likely to have an interest in the application, because of the nature of relationship to (my mother).  5.     The Court considers that the notification requirements are an important safeguard for the person in respect of whom an order is sought.  6.     The Court notes that it is said that the local authority no longer has access to (my mother’s) Property.  7.     Further information is required for the Court to determine the application.  IT IS ORDERED THAT  Within 28 days of the issue date this order, the Applicant shall file a form COP24 witness statement confirming that the other children of (my mother) and any replacement attorneys have been notified of the application and shall confirm their name, address, and date upon which those persons were notified.  If the Applicant wishes the Court to dispense with any further notification, they should file a COP9 and COP24 explaining, what steps (if any) have been taken to attempt notification and why notification should be dispensed with.   Pending the determination of the application to appoint a deputy for (my mother), the Applicant is authorised to take such steps as are proportionate and necessary to access, secure and insure the house and property of (my mother).   This order was made without a hearing and without notice.  Any person affected by this order may apply within 21 days of the date on which the order was served to have the order set aside or varied pursuant to Rule 13.4 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 (“the Rules”).  Such application must be made on Form COP9 and in accordance with Part 10 Rules.              
    • Unless I've got an incorrect copy of the relevant regulation: The PCN is only deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch "unless the contrary is proved" in which case date of delivery does matter (not just date of posting) and I would like clarification of the required standard of proof. It seems perhaps this hasn't been tested. Since post is now barcoded for the Post Office's own tracking purposes perhaps there is some way I can get that evidence from the Post Office...
    • I would say You should accept it - I HIGHLY doubt you will  be able to claim for letters at trial ans they’re offering you that, which is higher monetary value than interest.   Also they raise a good point, getting interest at anything above 4% is lucky these days, yes judges give it, but rarily above 4%   Also you might find depending on the judge  you don’t get some costs if you take it all the way over £7.40 when court woukdnt award letters costs and thus meaning their award would be less than evris offer which was made    Up to you though but the wait will be 3-4mo for a trial date at least
    • Hi Folks, Been 162 days! Just by way of update. Today I received a text from Opos Ltd so no doubt Capquest are renting the debt out to anybody who fancies a nibble. Safe to say I will not be responding.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Ramjet v NatWest \Shoosmiths Court action

ramjet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4774 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help

Hi there,new to this and about time I got my head out the sand.Quick summary lost job end of March always struggled to pay debts off but coped ok.Used to earn good money 60k ish and life style to suit and yes every month money was all gone.I have fallen behind with debts and after a short period of umemployment started part time work in September not much money but some.I used some redunancy money to retrain and do a 8 week intensive electrical course.Registered as a self employed sparky now to help with income.We are up to date with morgage no arrears at all and council tax.Have paid off 2 credit card almost 11k and now no money left ,its all gone.

I have a large debt owing to Natwest bank and a loan (18k) and now they are doing a CCJ end of November.I have proposed that I do £40.00 a month initially to Shoosmiths ,at least pay something and the latter payments be increased to make up for the initial low start,they are not interested and now they say they want a lump sum suddingley.I am maxed out on overdraft £3.5k.My next move is to do a revised budgets and send to the courts,I admit to whats owed but the solicitors changing tactics now and asking for a lump sum is a bit strange,or is it ?.A earlier telephone conversation with them they said I could do installments over 5 years.Other debts owed with other lenders have accepted token payments and frozen interest.One lender took payment of £3.3k against a debt of £4.4k so it was worth paying off.It was so easy to get credit and amounts on cards kept growing with no ceiling being applied and ever increasing credit limits to match increased spending.I know I have been stupid but while debts were managed it was sort of ok but now the brown stuff is really flying and I am finding it difficult to think about anything else,family and friends are suffering.Natwest offered loans very easily,no budget plans presurised sales at branch level.It was all to easy .The recommended increasing my mortgage at one point by some 40k to cover my debts.CCCS advised no.

Could someone please advise the best way to handle this.I will acknowledge the letter from court but the total claim must have loads of charges in it should i dispute the amount ? could someone give me simple to understand route to take to resolve this complicated issue.

Help:confused:

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Some great advise although head still spinning and figuring out what to do.

Did this post earlier today however i guess it is more suitable being applied to this one.So it is below.

Help

Hi there,new to this and about time I got my head out the sand.Quick summary lost job end of March always struggled to pay debts off but coped ok.Used to earn good money 60k ish and life style to suit and yes every month money was all gone.I have fallen behind with debts and after a short period of umemployment started part time work in September not much money but some.I used some redunancy money to retrain and do a 8 week intensive electrical course.Registered as a self employed sparky now to help with income.We are up to date with morgage no arrears at all and council tax.Have paid off 2 credit card almost 11k and now no money left ,its all gone.

I have a large debt owing to NatWest bank and a loan (18k) and now they are doing a CCJ end of November.I have proposed that I do £40.00 a month initially to Shoosmiths ,at least pay something and the latter payments be increased to make up for the initial low start,they are not interested and now they say they want a lump sum suddingley.I am maxed out on overdraft £3.5k.My next move is to do a revised budgets and send to the courts,I admit to whats owed but the solicitors changing tactics now and asking for a lump sum is a bit strange,or is it ?.A earlier telephone conversation with them they said I could do installments over 5 years.Other debts owed with other lenders have accepted token payments and frozen interest.One lender took payment of £3.3k against a debt of £4.4k so it was worth paying off.It was so easy to get credit and amounts on cards kept growing with no ceiling being applied and ever increasing credit limits to match increased spending.I know I have been stupid but while debts were managed it was sort of ok but now the brown stuff is really flying and I am finding it difficult to think about anything else,family and friends are suffering.NatWest offered loans very easily,no budget plans presurised sales at branch level.It was all to easy .The recommended increasing my mortgage at one point by some 40k to cover my debts.CCCS advised no.

Could someone please advise the best way to handle this.I will acknowledge the letter from court but the total claim must have loads of charges in it should i dispute the amount ? could someone give me simple to understand route to take to resolve this complicated issue.

Help:confused: forumbox_top_left.gifforumbox_top_tile.gifforumbox_top_right.gifforumbox_left_tile.gif

Edited by ramjet
typo

Hi ramjet and welcome to CAG,

You say Natwest are 'doing a CCJ at the end of November' and that you 'will acknowledge the letter from court'. What stage is the claim at? Have you just received a claim form [N1] from the court which requires you to acknowlege by the end of the month or has the claim progressed to the point where there is a hearing scheduled this month?

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

Hi ramjet and welcome to CAG,

You say Natwest are 'doing a CCJ at the end of November' and that you 'will acknowledge the letter from court'. What stage is the claim at? Have you just received a claim form [N1] from the court which requires you to acknowlege by the end of the month or has the claim progressed to the point where there is a hearing scheduled this month?

Hello,

Received a claim form 11/11/09 from County Court Bulk center,Northampton N1CPC.Thats all so far.Shoosmiths are phoning me as i have emailed the office direct to seek guidance from them,probably wrong thing to do.I have now decided to figure out in depth what I can do and hence using this forum.I understand it is important to acknowledge form and do within timescale so I can prepare a defence.The money is owed so I can not really dispute it although interest keeps adding up and now court costs and solicitors fees.

The best place to start would be ?:confused:

Ramjet - I have taken the liberty of creating this new thread for your problem here.

Please keep all your questions relating to your problem on this thread as hijacking other members threads as the advice given will become confusing.

Good idea,apologies if one has started incorrectly struggling to think straight and logically at the moment

Ok ramjet, thanks for the information.

As you have shown in your first post, you have tried to be reasonable with your creditors and most appear to have responded positively allowing you to discharge your obligations. If a creditor decides it does not wish to be reasonable but turns to legal action through the courts, then IMO the creditor must abide by both the law and the rules of the court.

I suggest that your first action should be to acknowledge receipt of the claim form. You can do this electronically up to 14 days after service of the form (deemed to be 2 days after issue). So you have until 27 November by my reckoning. You then have 14 further days to file a defence with the court. Again, this can be filed electronically but the defence is limited to 8000 characters.

In order to draft your defence, you need to see the documents proving the bank's claim. These should have been with the claim form but there is an exception with elctronic claims through Northampton that means the documents do not need to be sent with the claim. Therefore, you have to write to Shoosmiths asking for them and quoting the court's rules. You will reference in other threads to these rules as Civil Procedure Rules [or CPR]. All the rules are available on the Ministry of Justice website at http://www.justice.gov.uk/civil/procrules_fin/index.htm. You need to look up and quote CPR 31.14. There are template letters available on other threads where this letter is known as a CPR31.14 letter.

If you receive a response with the documents, then you will need to draft a defence. Help will come from other Caggers if you ask. However, it is likely that you will not get a response at all and will then have to file what is known as an 'embrassed defence' because in the preamble you state to the court, that you are embrassed at having to defend a claim without any documents.

Once your defence is filed, the court will send a copy to Shoosmiths. If they wish to proceed, they have to inform the court in Northampton. The case will then be transferred to your local county court automatically. Both you and Shoosmiths will then be sent Allocation Questionnaires or AQs for return to your local county court. At this point, Shoosmiths have to pay a fee (I think £300). The case may then go for a full trial with exchange of witness statements and exhibits. Sometimes, firms like Shoosmiths go for 'Summary judgment' ie a quick hearing supposedly to save costs on the grounds that you have no defence to their claim. That may be true, but often, solicitors try to rush a summary judgment past a judge who may not be familiar with consumer credit law and/or wants to clear his overburdened in tray.

Let's see what happens later.

Disapointed no posts ,seems to be the way after the initial encouragement it tails off.

For info CPR 18 request went today special delivery £4.95,drafting CPR 31.16 now.

just because we aint posting dont mean we aint reading it.

You've been given excellent advice and I have nothing to add and there are no doubt several other people 'keeping an eye on you' too.

Until you have the CCA / DN and termination from them there really is little to add. You are doing all the right things. I know it's frustrating but it takes time

Ramje

As Hungrybear says, it takes time now.

The difference between the various request letters depends on the stage of the proceedings. CPR 18 is a general request but can't be used once the case is allocated to a small claim track. CPR 31.14 is to request copies of documents that are mentioned in the claim form, such as the CCA. CPR 31.16 is a request for information before a case starts.

If you are seeking a copy of the agreement and the Default Notice, I suggest using CPR 31.14 at this stage.

Doc

Disapointed no posts ,seems to be the way after the initial encouragement it tails off.

For info CPR 18 request went today special delivery £4.95,drafting CPR 31.16 now.

CAG is set up as a self-help website where you'll find all the necessary info.........sometimes it just requires a little user application ;)

It's good to read that you've been pro-active by getting your requests off. :)

Have a search for threads featuring NatWest\Shoosmiths to read of how they operate and the tactics they use so.

Keep the thread updated and I'm sure other members will chip in advice as the thread develops.

Ok more patience required,take a chill pill.

Received letter today its says the following: -

I acknowledge receipt of your defence.A copy is being served on the claimant(or the claimants solicitor).The claimant might contact you direct to attempt to resolve any dispute.If the dispute cannot be resolved informally,the claimant will inform the court that he wishes to proceed.The court will then inform you of what will happen.

Where he wishes to proceed ,the claimant must contact the court within 28 days after receiving a copy of your defence.After that period has elasped,the claim will be stayed.The only action the claimant can then take will be to apply to a judge for an order lifting the stay.

Sending CPR31.14 early next week.

Going on the right track ? a quick response from the courts.

Edited by ramjet

Ok more patience required,take a chill pill.

Received letter today its says the following: -

I acknowledge receipt of your defence.A copy is being served on the claimant(or the claimants solicitor).The claimant might contact you direct to attempt to resolve any dispute.If the dispute cannot be resolved informally,the claimant will inform the court that he wishes to proceed.The court will then inform you of what will happen.

Where he wishes to proceed ,the claimant must contact the court within 28 days after receiving a copy of your defence.After that period has elasped,the claim will be stayed.The only action the claimant can then take will be to apply to a judge for an order lifting the stay.

Sending CPR31.14 early next week.

Going on the right track ? a quick response from the courts.

If you want papers/documents that are not specifically mentioned in the POC the you will need to do a CPR 18 as well, here's a template to modify:

In the XXXX County Court

Claimant -v- (YOUR NAME)

Claim Number: (CLAIM NUMBER)

Dear XXX

REQUEST FOR INFORMATION CPR 18

I have received a recent court claim from your organisation. In order to file a defence and counter claim I require some information. Given that this matter is now the subject of legal proceedings, you are obliged to disclose under the Civil Procedure Rules, the information and documents detailed below.

The information must be furnished within fourteen days of the receipt of this letter. If you fail to comply, this will be reported to the Court, a copy of this letter will be provided as evidence to the same and an Order enforcing your compliance will be sought.

1. A true copy of the executed credit agreement and any terms and conditions that applied to the account at the time of default and at the time the account was opened.

2. All records you hold on me relevant to this case, including but not limited to:

a. Transcriptions of all telephone conversations recorded and any notes made in relation to telephone conversations by your company, or by any previous creditor

b. Where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my account formerly held with *********.(AMEND TO THE COMPANY NAME)

c. True copies of any notice of assignment and/or default notice or enforcement notice that you or the original creditor sent me, with a copy of any proof of postage that you hold.

d.Documents relating to any insurance added to the account, including the insurance contract and terms and conditions, date it was added and deleted (if applicable).

e. Details of any collection charge added to the account; specifically, the date it was levied, the amount of the charge, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charge was calculated, and what the charge covers.

f. Specific details of the fees/charges levied by any other agency in respect of this account and a detailed breakdown of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said fees/charges were levied.

g. A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data as required by the Data Protection Act 1998

h. A list of third party agencies to whom you have disclosed my personal data and a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed.

i. Copies of statements for the entire duration of the credit agreement.

3. Any other documents you seek to rely on in court.

I will require this information within the next fourteen days. I must advise you that if the information is not forthcoming, it will be reported to the Court that you are trying to frustrate proceedings and denying me the opportunity to file a defence and counter claim.

Yours sincerely,

XXXX (type, don't sign).

Send by Recorded Delivery.

• 2 weeks later...

Hot off the press,received this today.

Letter to me

We enclose for your records a copy of our letter that has today been filed with the court.

Then this was sent to Northampton

We write with reference to the above and acknowledge receipt of a defence from the defendant,copy enclosed.

Please be advised that the claimant intends to continue with the claim and in the circumstances we would be obliged if the case could be transferred out of County Court Bulk centre to the defendants local County Court to continue.

The defendants local county court is Staines County Court number 334

So Natwest are still after me ,no response to any CPR requests from Shoosmiths to date.

It is planning out as advised so far

The next step would be ????

It looks like a normal progression of a case so far.

Northampton CCBC are on the ball advising both parties if the case proceeds as to which court the hearing shall be held.

Typical solicitor behaviour in not supplying the docs you need.

I'd advise that you do a search on the forum for threads featuring Shoosmiths; as it always good to know how the opposition operates.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest news

Received today Allocation questionnaire(small claims track)

I will search forum for guidance as initially its looks straight forward however it asks for witnesses and experts statements ? Any advice welcome.

What happens next ?

No reply to CPR18 yet deadline has passed.

I intend to pay Shoosmiths another £40.00 against the debt as its all i can afford.

Have to fill form by 04/01/2010 not much time really considering Christmas.Ho bloody ho.

Latest news

Received today Allocation questionnaire(small claims track)

I will search forum for guidance as initially its looks straight forward however it asks for witnesses and experts statements ? Any advice welcome.

What happens next ?

No reply to CPR18 yet deadline has passed.

I intend to pay Shoosmiths another £40.00 against the debt as its all i can afford.

Have to fill form by 04/01/2010 not much time really considering Christmas.Ho bloody ho.

Should I mention on the AQ about no reply from CPR18 request ? and deadline is soon to expire on CPR31.14 request ?

Any top tips on filling in the AQ

What happens as soon as I have sent the AQ in ? timescale ? will I have to attend court ?

Questions ,questions and more questions.

I'd have a serious think about how much you wish to pay Shoosmiths.

If you can't afford £40.00 then just pay them what you can afford, even if it is reduced to a £1.00 payment. Do not put yourself into prioritising this debt as a "must pay"....it is not.

If Shoosmiths had any respect for you, they would have responded to your letters and CPR requests..........they haven't replied.

Have a look at these threads on AQ's -

Useful threads when caggers need help filling out Allocation Questionnaires.

Link Financial County Court Summons - N150

Directions for N150 or N149 Allocation questionnaire - Paul's guide to N149 & N150 AQ's

Allocation Questionnaire...Urgent help needed please!!! - N150

Court papers received- what now??!!**WON**CASE DISMISSED - N149 (with draft order for directions)

upto the eyeballs v CL Finance No CCA IN COURT ** Help ** - N150

The dreaded court claim came today... - N150

• 2 weeks later...

Happy new year to you all.

The story continues :-

Doing my N149 form now(sorry thought had N150) and will probably deliver it to the court as i might miss the date by a day.Although just noticed it is to be returned by 04/01/2009 so it is valid as date is wrong ?????

I have received this in the meantime a letter from Shoosmiths.

They have acknowledged receipt of my CPR31.14 request stating it was received on the 22/12/09.

They can not reply within 7 days due to the nature of their clients business but have said they would by the 22/01/10,one whole month.

This is after my N149 deadline so i guess i should state that ?.

The never replied to my CPR 18 request.

Whats the difference between N149 and N150 the N149 says small claims track

Anyway will gather what I can and fill it in,fingers crossed.

After reading some posts they state allocate it to small claims track as its straightforward and easily resolved on the production of said documents.I have copied and pasted below which looks like something i should state however i am already at the small claims track,so i will just edit ?

Also I do a draft order and just add that in the other information section and copies of my CPR requests as well ?

And waht about fees ?

Had one thought in between the panic now setting in.It has already been allocated to the small claims track so how much are they after.The debt is about 19k.

Any got a direct link to how a N149 should be filled in word for word as it seems easy to get it wrong.I can spend hours searching the posts.

I am begining to tire

XXXXXXXXXX -v- XXXXXXX

Claim No: xxxxxxxxx

N149 / 150 **Allocation Questionnaire

Section G / H **- other information

If the court is in agreement, the defendant respectfully requests that special directions may be given as per the attached draft order.

The defendant proposes these directions in mind of the Overriding Objectives, and in particular the duty of the parties to help the court further them. The issues outlined below are the crux upon which this claim rests, and the proposed directions identify these issues and will allow them to be assessed in advance of the hearing so that this claim may proceed justly and expeditiously;

without production of the requested documents, I am at a disadvantage and am unable to serve a proper defence. Failure of the claimant to supply the requested documentation will make the case much harder for the court to deal with as without production of the requested documentation will inhibit the courts ability to deal with the case

The House of Lords in the case of Wilson v First County Trust Ltd - [2003] All ER (D) 187 (Jul) made it clear in paragraph 29 of LORD NICHOLLS OF BIRKENHEAD judgment

29. The court's powers under section 127(1) are subject to significant qualification in two types of cases. The first type is where section 61(1)(a), regarding signing of agreements, is not complied with. In such cases the court 'shall not make' an enforcement order unless a document, whether or not in the prescribed form, containing all the prescribed terms, was signed by the debtor: section 127(3). Thus, signature of a document containing all the prescribed terms is an essential prerequisite to the court's power to make an enforcement order. The second type of case concerns failure to comply with the duty to supply a copy of an executed or unexecuted agreement pursuant to sections 62 and 63, or failure to comply with the duty to give

notice of cancellation rights in accordance with section 64(1). Here again, subject to one exception regarding sections 62 and63, section 127(4) precludes the court from making an enforcement order.

Its is respectfully requested this case be allocated to the small claims track, it is a straight forward case and is easily resolved on production of the required documentation by the claimant, should the claimant not have the documentation required to progress this case I suggest that there will be no case to answer

Therefore it stands to reason that this document must be disclosed before this case can progress any further

Edited by ramjet
had not realised documents had been attached twice

Update if anyone reading !!!!!

N149 hand delivered to court on Sunday evening so have hit deadline by a day.

What happens now ?

Should I phone the court to see whether shoosmiths have returned thiers on time ?

Had another thought my CPR31.14 was received by shoosmiths the same day as I received the N149 will that be a problem ?

Should I ask for shoosmiths to produce the documents earlier or wait for the court decision as my draft order stipulates documentation to be produced within 14 days ? also remind them no reply to CPR 18 ?

lots of questions