G24 Ltd PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have received a PCN from the above company. I have read a lot of the previous threads but they all seem to be from people who have exceeded the time limit. The car park that I was parked in has 90 minutes free parking.

Now, my PC was with PC World for upgrading & this car park is to be used by their customers. I parked in the carpark & called into PC World at 11 in the morning to enquire if the PC was ready as it is murder to speak to them on the phone. I then drove out of the car park & went about my business for the rest of the day. PC World rang me at home in the evening & my wife collected the PC. We couldn't get the PC to load so drove back to PCWorld, sorted out the problem & drove home again. All in all we paid 3 visits to the carpark, not even exceeding the 90 minutes in total all day.

Surprise Surprise I recd a PCN showing the car entering on the 1st visit & the car exiting on the last visit.

I know the common sense option would be to ignore this & they will eventually go away, but part of me wants them to take me to court. Has anyone actually been to court with them?

I agree, this would be brilliant before a Judge. Would make the G24 look incredibly stupid.

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

• 2 months later...

Well Just to keep you updated.

I sent them a letter explaing what happened to give them the opportunity to cancel the charge but if they intended to persue then to give me the court date & I would provide the court the evidence that the car was elsewhere for the majority of the time they say it was in the car park.

Needless to say they ignored my letter so it is only polite that I now do the same to theirs!

I am now on the 1st debt collectors letter from CCS Collect

I have just received a pcn from this company on very similar and ridiculous terms.

My car is alleged to have parked unauthorised in the car park for 524 minutes but at no stage does the photographic evidence show that I have stopped or parked at the site but only that I was driving through the site on 2 separate occasions. The photographs completely omit the fact that there is also an exit to the car park at the other side leading onto where I was able to exit the site as soon as I had driven in.

I had parked my car outside a friend's house and in the morning had to drive through the car park again, at no time stopping or parking. It is so ridiculous I thought it was a joke at first.

I have written to the DVLA to say that my details have been obtained from them unlawfullly so hopefully they take some action.

Please keep me updated on your claim and let me know what happens with the debt collectors and any possible court action.

As my username suggests, I am a law student and will be going to my tutors who are all qualified lawyers to ask them what to do.

Hi

I have received a PCN from the above company. I have read a lot of the previous threads but they all seem to be from people who have exceeded the time limit. The car park that I was parked in has 90 minutes free parking.

Now, my PC was with PC World for upgrading & this car park is to be used by their customers. I parked in the carpark & called into PC World at 11 in the morning to enquire if the PC was ready as it is murder to speak to them on the phone. I then drove out of the car park & went about my business for the rest of the day. PC World rang me at home in the evening & my wife collected the PC. We couldn't get the PC to load so drove back to PCWorld, sorted out the problem & drove home again. All in all we paid 3 visits to the carpark, not even exceeding the 90 minutes in total all day.

Surprise Surprise I recd a PCN showing the car entering on the 1st visit & the car exiting on the last visit.

I know the common sense option would be to ignore this & they will eventually go away, but part of me wants them to take me to court. Has anyone actually been to court with them?

My car is alleged to have parked unauthorised in the car park for 524 minutes but at no stage does the photographic evidence show that I have stopped or parked at the site but only that I was driving through the site on 2 separate occasions. The photographs completely omit the fact that there is also an exit to the car park at the other side leading onto where I was able to exit the site as soon as I had driven in.

Don't get too carried away about the photographs, they are evidence of nothing.

I had parked my car outside a friend's house and in the morning had to drive through the car park again, at no time stopping or parking. It is so ridiculous I thought it was a joke at first.

These ppc's are a joke.

I have written to the DVLA to say that my details have been obtained from them unlawfullly so hopefully they take some action.

How have they obtained them unlawfully? DVLA are duty bound to provide the RK details to anybody with reasonable cause, sadly that covers even the ppc ****.

Please keep me updated on your claim and let me know what happens with the debt collectors and any possible court action.

Debt collectors are people with absolutely no powers except to send letters in scary red ink. Don't hold your breath expecting to go to court anytime soon.

As my username suggests, I am a law student and will be going to my tutors who are all qualified lawyers to ask them what to do.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 1 month later...

re the above threads I had a a parking notice from G24 last year. The first one explained that I had parked in there car park exceeding the time stay. They offered the fact that if I payed the fine then that would be the end of it however if I failed and did not pay with 14 days it would increase to about ninety something pounds.

They enclosed a copy of a photograph of my car showing the registered number and stated that I had been in the car park for about 4hours.

Having reaf all the info on the company I ignored the letters until I had one from them threatening Debt Collectors.

In view of that I wrote to them informing them that the contract for the parking of the vehicle in that car park was with the DRIVER and NOT the registered keeper and that I as the registered keeper was only obliged to supply certain people with the details of the driver at a particular time and that G24 WAS NOT one of those people. I also added that if they continue to write to me I would take that as a form of harassment and I would consult my solicitor should it continue. As a final message they were informed that should they send any form of debt collector to my property they would be directed to the foot path as I would not want them on my property useing sufficient force as required.

I have not heard from them since.

There are a number of threads in relation to this company and templates of letters that can be sent.

I would send only one letter and thats it:grin:

There are a number of threads in relation to this company and templates of letters that can be sent.

I would send only one letter and thats it:grin:

Which is one more than most would send, but everyone to their own.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.