EGG - Refusing to send my agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently wrote to EGG for details of a loan agreement I had with them 6 years back as I beleive I had some mis-sold PPI. Before doing so I rang them and asked how I go about this... they told me I had to send a £1 cheque with a return address. So i did as they asked but then rcvd the following letter:

Dear Mr *****

As the account you refer to is now closed I have to inform you that EGG are under no obligation to comply with a request for a copy of the executed agreement under the consumer credit act as we are no longer have a relationship relating to this account, nor are we seeking to enforce any agreement on the account.

The right to be provided with this information from Egg Banking plc ended with closure of this account.

Section 78 (3) (a) of the Consumer Credit Act states that section 78 (1) does not apply where 'no sum is, or will or may become, payable by the debtor'. The right to rtequest an executed copy of an agreement is found in Part VI of the Act, which is entitled 'Matters arising during currency of credit or hire agreements'; so where an agreement is no longer current the right to request or be provided with a copy of the executed agreeement therefore ceases.

We are therefore returning the £1 patment you have sent in relation to this request.

Any advice on what I can do next? Do I have to request a SAR along with a £10 payment??

Thanks in advance guys :)