PCN - Wrong Address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before, Ive found similar threads but not one exactly like this.

I was issued a PCN for my car parked in Sydenham Buildings in Bath, however the PCN states Sydney Buildings - an obvious mistake which happens to us from time to time (taxi pick ups in particular). I have never parked my car in Sydney Buildings.

I understand that they will have photo evidence which would immediatley alert them to the fact that the ticket is wrong, but surely they will attempt to correct the obvious error. I have my car registered at this address and also registered here with the council for a parking permit (which expired - hence the PCN) they would therefore know that I had no permit at the time of issue.

Do I have a chance of getting this ticket rescinded and if so what strategy should I take?

Thanks in advance

A

Is there another location called Sydney Buildings? If so, then you could respond to the PCN as "the contravention did not occur". It becomes irrelavent that you may have been parked in contravention at another location as that is not what the PCN accuses you of.

If there is no such place as Sydney Buildings then it may be argued that the mis-spelling may be allowed under the slipage rule.

Impossible. The PCN was served and is in your posession. They can't subsequently change the details.

You can appeal it and be quite open about it, even though it's obvious that they made a mistake. Spell it out to them - "I was not in Sydney Buildings, I was in Sydenham Buildings which is on the other side of town, and the PCN is therefore invalid."

They have no case to defend it.

Thanks all, I have emailed the following .... Ill let you know how I get on!

Sir,

I am writing to contest the above referenced PCN, the ticket states that the car was parked in Sydney buildings, a street in which my car has never been parked. I was not in Sydney Buildings, I was in Sydenham Buildings and the PCN is therefore invalid.

I assume that you have photographic evidence which will confirm the above.

Regards,

A

I had a similar PCN where the incorrect location was a different area of London. The initial appeal failed (they needed the money?), so I appealed to PATAS and was successful, so watch out for them trying to grab your money.:)

e-mailed?

You appeal in writing through the post and send it recorded delivery too.

On the only parking ticket that I was issued the ticket stated that I could appeal by contacting a postal address or an email address. (that was in the south west, (Bristol rather than Bath).

So I just sent the council a nice email saying that I didn't think that the ticket was fair, signs in the area wasn't clear. and they responded with an auto response saying that the case will be placed on hold, (which I assume means that the discount rate would be placed on hold as well), and that they'd get back to me hopefully within 14 working days.

A few weeks later I got a letter (by email) saying that after careful consideration of my comments surrounding the contravention that they would be willing to cancel the penalty charge notice.

It's perfectly OK to email an appeal these days, provided you include name, address and PCN number. I think the comment above was a precaution to prove they received it, in case they later deny all knoweldge. Not an issue though - you can always email them again next week and ask for confirmation that the appeal is logged and pending a decision.

When dealing with these people ALWAYS get proof of delivery/receipt etc, they are slippery beggers, that goes for banks, DCAs ad nauseum :-)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

I seem to remember that an Email can be sent in such a way, that in order for it to be "opened", an acknowledgement has to be returned to the sender.

There is a similar procedure for sms', but I cannot remember how either are carried out.

The Email thing might be worth looking up and using, the procedure probably varies depending on the Email client that you use.

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Probably can be. It is just better I believe to do things by post. In law something sent by 1st class post is deemed to have been delivered 2 days later. The same does not yet apply to e-mails.

Obviously as said, if they get a response then all well and good. If not within a few days, then I would send by post as well.

Ah! didn't know about that - it seems that every system has an "anti-system"!

am

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!