Where to send the letter asking for charges back?

Lewisimo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As above please - Sorry if i'm being dumb but i've read the other stickies but just want to check and make sure i'm using the correct address. I've had my statements, worked out my charges, and now want to send the letter asking for them back. Is this the one to use:

Preliminary and Letter Before Action

Customer Service Response Unit

The Cornerstone

60 South Gyle Crescent

Edinburgh

EH12 9WF

As said I just want to be 100% sure - thanks! :grin:

Yes that address is fine. :)

And welcome to CAG. Any worries or questions, feel free to ask. There is always some one floating around.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

You should send a spread sheet of the charges.

Here is a link for the spread sheets.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/118-interest-calculation-spreadsheets

The simple one is the best one to use. All you need to do is put the date, the charge and the amount.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

You should send a spread sheet of the charges.

Here is a link for the spread sheets.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/118-interest-calculation-spreadsheets

The simple one is the best one to use. All you need to do is put the date, the charge and the amount.

So, are we supposed to request the 8% charge in the schedule of charges?

Moreover, I was charged a £12 credit card limit fee (I used the credit card over the £350 limit assigned to me). Can I claim this back?

Delete the 8% until you file at court. This can only be applied through the court. ;)

And yes, claim your credit card charges back aswell

F&Q's... Read here

Pretty much all my charges were for bounced DD's and cheques etc, and after the news today and I just wasting my time? Or does that only apply to overdraft fees? The last thing I want is to be humilated and patronised by the banking firm :mad: I only sent the letter yesterday too... :confused:

Don't give up...

LATEST ADVICE ON BANK CHARGES CLAIMS ACTION MAY BE NEEDED TO AVOID CLAIMS BEING WRONGLY STRUCK OUT

Clearly the Supreme Court have shown a way forward for bank claims which actually mirrors the approach that we took in our original templates.

HOWEVER, in the light of the latest judgement, we feel that it is important to ensure that claims are not progressed any further for a couple of weeks whilst we get advice from counsel over the correct wording for POCs and templates.

This is likely to take about ten days to complete, we are also seeking counsel's opinion on other possible avenues - some which have been discussed within the forum already.

Advice is also being sought about the position of claims already in the system. It is possible that POCs may need to be amended, but it is important that this is carried out in the correct manner.

We will post further updates as soon as we have more information.

F&Q's... Read here