T mobile phone data 'was sold'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The T-Mobile and Orange merger is one step closer.... If all continues according to plan, the new supersized mobile monolith should be arriving in the first half of 2010. The t-mobile and orange merger is one step closer - The Inquirer
I wonder if this is still on the cards? :rolleyes:

That explains why my phone number about year old has got out to phishers again. The only people with my number was one emergency friend and would you believe it as in dispute with another mobile company, I bought three cheap tmobile phones as pressys for kids, explained.

I thought I was going round the bend that these people could have got my number again after changing as advised by police.

I dont think when buying payg mobiles now you should have to give landline numbers because of just this.

Why dont they concentrate on improving their poor reception services and put their energy into that, the phones I bought rarely get reception where I live, ass****s.

Edited by loopinlouie

I phoned T-Mobile before it was released they were the guilty party.

I insisted on speaking to a manager,and she assured me it was nothing to do with them and our data was quite safe.

She lied through her teeth and gave me the number for the telephone preference service.

My whole family has contract's with TM,OH and daughter want to take it further,as they are the only two that have had cold calls from 3rd parties.

How should they take this forward.

We have put in a complaint to TM via phone and will follow it up in writing.

Wonder how theyd manage if everyone boycotted them and stopped paying if they received unsolicited calls.

The irony of that would be that they would sell the outstanding debts to DCA's so they would still make money.It would have some affect if done on mass,that is unlikely to happen with the apathy that affects the population of the UK.

It would end up just me and you:D shall we;):-)

I don't think it's a loophole. My point is that much of the 3 operation is offshore and the same data protection standards don't necessarily apply in other countries. 3 would still be liable to UK law if data went missing but it muddies the waters, may mean that offshore employees selling data don't face the same criminal penalties as in the UK and data protection procedures may simply not be as strong as they would be here. If nothing else it gives big companies a little more wriggle room than they would have in the UK and we all know how much big companies exploit any wriggle room to escape their responsibilities.

Offshore or not the company (T-Mobile) is still responsible for what happens

The more that I think about this issue, the more I think that a 'Class Action' should be taken against T Mobile.

T Mobile "SOLD" our T Mobile numbers to competitors, in order that the competitors could cold call us;

T Mobile did this for gain.

Personally speaking, I am outraged that my personal data has been unlawfully processed, even more shocking: "SOLD" on to third parties such as "3".

We are supposed to trust these firms!

How can anyone trust them?

T Mobile, should do the decent thing and compensate every person who's T Mobile number has been abused.

Furthermore, the ICO should fine and put the offenders in prison;

this should include the seller and buyers of our T Mobile data!!!

I wonder, how many MP's have been affected?

AC

Edited by angry cat
addition

How can anyone trust them?

Well if I could emigrate i'd be long gone because everywhere you turn someone is waiting to rip you off.

I'm still looking for a business that does not.

Bring back the 1960's and 70's happy days

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Quote by AC:

How can anyone trust them?" [End Quote]

My comment was in relation to, The Data Protection Act 1998 and the unlawful processing of individual's private data.

The legislation was put in place to "Protect" our data.

Hopefully, The ICO will do the job that they are paid to do...

i've had a few calls last week from "3" on my TMobile number and then this news broke about sold data and i expected it to stop....yesterday i got another 2 calls from the same number so its still going on.

i haven't given details to any other network and didn't give any permission for my details to be passed on

I have to agree that three staff must have been selling the names, We have 4 Three phones in our family and always get cold calls bear the end of the contracts.

Three's indian staff are appalling I refuse to speak to them and in the rare occassions I need to contact them I email threes CEO, always gets a call back from a Scottish office.

I also suspect that sky sell, names as our phone is ex directory and the only business who have our number is sky.

I've checked with Sky and they claim that they don't as I opted out of the marketing etc.

I assume that the staff sell it then?