Morgan Stanley/Goldfish/Barclaycard

lyverbyrd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello folks.

Three years ago, DH won a claim against Morgan Stanley for unlawful charges. All was fine, and we were paying off the remainder of the balance by Direct Debit. One day, the payment appeared on our statement as Goldfish (it somehow skipped their minds to write to inform us they had bought out Morgan Stanley credit cards) and then after a couple of payments, the direct debit stopped. We had no statements at all from Goldfish, and phonecalls to Goldfish to ask what the problem was came to a dead end.

We dutifully sent cheques for the payments and they were not cashed. No contact whatsoever from Goldfish.

Then they were taken over by Barclaycard and the debt was passed to a DCA who began their usual harrassment.

So there are a couple of things here. We're making monthly payments to the DCA but I'd like to see if the debt is actually enforceable since all communication from these companies to us had stopped (and also reclaim any PPI).

Any advice?

Paula

ppi will be to the original OC or who ever owns them now.

as for paying the DCA, time for a CCA request me thinks

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Iverbyrd

Came across your thread whilst looking for Morgan Stanley on here. I have a similar, but not the same (!):( issue!

I was defaulted by Morgan Stanley, and I am paying off debt by regular payments to MS. I was then chased by a DCA for payment of a goldfish account, which I knew nothing of. DCA ignores my letters. I then receive letter from Barclaycard saying that they are refunding excess charges (which I have not asked for!), meanwhile I am sill paying Morgan Stanley, and the DCA is showing the payments in their occasional letters.

I an now going to raise an information request on Morgan Stanley to see what happens!

Just thought you would like to know!

cca the DCA

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 months later...

i'm in similar situation to some others.

i had a Goldfish card from the late 90's which defaulted around 2002 and i was chased for around 1 year by various DCAs. Then it went quiet and i've not heard anything. I didn't even get a default on my credit files for this account. The balance was over £5k.

i didn't request any charges/PPI refunds on this card because i wanted to let sleeping dogs lie, as the saying goes, but i also didn't know who to claim from as it got sold by Centrica/Lloyds/Morgan Stanley etc.

it's been over 6 years since i made any payment to this account or very nearly is.

should i reclaim the charges and PPI or let them go and if i do, what can happen?

obviously at this moment it's Barclaycard and previously they've paid well with my Providian claim.

thanks.