Went for a new job and found out I've got 2 ccj's from 2005 :o(

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4024 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hey Everyone,

I've been a lurker on here for a while now but I've just gone for a new job in the finance industry (I've worked in it for some time now sorry!) and HR have told me I have 2 CCJ's on my record. How do I find out what they are and who I allegedly owe money too please? This is the first I've heard about them and of course I can't have my new job if I have CCJ's. I'm sick with worry. Please help.

"

During our preliminary searches we located details of two undisclosed unsatisfied judgments registered against the candidate. Details of these records have been listed below for your reference;

Public Records 1

Name:

Address:

Date: 01/2005

Court Name: Romford

Amount: £

Case Number:

Type: Judgment

Public Records 2

Name:

Address:

Date: 09/2005

Court Name: Northampton County Court

Amount: £

Case Number: Type: Judgment

You can check online at CCJs, court orders & fines - Search yourself and others - Trust Online which will cost £8.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

OK, I've just gone on that site, it cost me £30 to check them all and I've got the same information that's above, 2 judgements against me 1 in Romford and 1 in Northampton.

How do I find out who they are from please? I'm quite worried as one of them is for a lot of money and I seriously know nothing about this!

Contact the courts and give the judgement reference no's and ask for copies.

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Incidentally you can apply to get these set-aside as you did not have the opportunity to defend. Have you moved addresses since 2004 or before?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can call your local court, they'll provide the info.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, I've lived at my present address since 2002 but around the time of these judgements I had "a lot going on" in my life! lol! Basically, I ended up in rehab and had to deal with some of the physical consequences of that (I've kind of given myself a shorter shelf life that I would have had but with the correct medication I should live for another 15 to 20 years (I'm mid 30's.)) and was in total meltdown at that time, I actually lived at my friends house for nearly the whole of 2005 whilst I learnt how to live life on lifes terms again.

Needless to say, I'm not after sympathy and just for today my life's much much better, but I'd really like to get this job and this has really floored me.

Thanks again for your help, how would I go about getting them "set aside"?

I've moved your thread to the Legal Forum for the legal wallahs to assist you in getting these set-aside. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have a read through Removal of CCJ's - Main Menu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A couple more links.

Setting Aside a CCJ -

A Guide To Setting Aside CCJ's You Never Received

Applying for a Set-aside

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.