Strange reply to CCA from Lloyds?

anotherguy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm now in a position to offer an early settlement lump sum to clear some of the debts ive had for many years. Before doing so im checking with each of them that they have an enforcable agreement.

On Oct 13th 09 I sent the standard CCA request to Lloyds TSB along with £1 payment. Finally, last week on the 9th Nov 09 I got their reply stating they had not received enough details from me to find and process my request? They have returned my CCA request and payment for £1 and asked that I resend it with an up-to-date home adress, any previous addresses and card numbers relating to the debt?!

My original letter already had my correct home address on it (and at any point when i have moved they have been informed), it also had the reference number relating to the alleged debt. I have no idea what the card number is or was, surely they should have that information? (ive not had the card for well over 6years) and its not up to me to provide them previous addresses they should already have?!

If they cant trace the debt from my name, address and their own reference number then I'm asuming they will have to write the debt off?

Their letter finishes by saying that if i would still like to make a request pursuant to section 78 of the CCA, please write with the appropriate authorisation to: Lloyds Banking Group... e.t.c Brighton.

I feel no obligation to resubmit my CCA request when it was done correctly the first time. How do I get closer on this since it is already in default, and it would appear they do not have any sort of signed agreement what-so-ever?

thanks

Edited by anotherguy

either write it off yourself by ignoring them:D, or send a sar for all info held about you, if they then return that with the same excuse then I would keep that letter very safe and if in the future some idiot dca comes on the scene simply send em a photocopy of it

I'd really like to clear the debts one way or another if possible? Can i not get them to state they do not have the required agreement and the debt is written off somehow?

Like I mentioned I how some funds available now to pay off some of my debts, not enough for all of them though. I'd like to get my credit rating back in order. I was hoping to pay those that can provide an enforcable copy of an agreement and get the the ones that cant written off?

Is it really just a case of leaving it with the creditor and forgetting about it.

If you want to make f&f offers I would have thought you'd have more success in making offers to all your creditors and show each of them the amount of debt you have and the pro-rata amounts you are offering, then they will see that all of your creditors are being treated equally, don't forget to have a third party make these payments for you.

Don't send payments until you have it in writing that the debt is satisfied and that your credit file will be updated.

Just my opinion, so please seek proper advice.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

I sent the CCA to Lloyds comsumer debt recovery dept, the same place that made me the early settlement offer, so its up to them where they want to send it after that?

Hardupnotfedup, that seems like a good idea. One question, im assuming I get a third party to pay it so theres no admission of the debt??? Can I get a family member to pay it?