Davren22

Money transferred into frozen bank account by mistake

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3532 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi i wonder if anybody could give me some advice.

I used to have an alliance and leicester account but stopped using it, a small direct debit came out a few months later which i wasnt aware of which made me overdrawn, by about £5, to cut a long story short the charges escalated into being overdrawn by £500 as i did not know i was originally overdrawn. I contacted alliance and leicester for the charges back but they said it is on hold until the court case is over and a decision has been made on charges. They have frozen my account as i told them i no longer wanted it. I have received 1 statement in the past 12 months which still shows my balance as overdrawn.

The reason i need advice is that a friend this morning transfered some money to me thinking they had sent it to my current natwest account unfortunately they transfered it to my old A & L account which has been frozen. Will the transfer bounce or have i lost the money now?, I really hope it bounces.

Thanks

Hi i wonder if anybody could give me some advice.

I used to have an alliance and leicester account but stopped using it, a small direct debit came out a few months later which i wasnt aware of which made me overdrawn, by about £5, to cut a long story short the charges escalated into being overdrawn by £500 as i did not know i was originally overdrawn. I contacted alliance and leicester for the charges back but they said it is on hold until the court case is over and a decision has been made on charges. They have frozen my account as i told them i no longer wanted it. I have received 1 statement in the past 12 months which still shows my balance as overdrawn.

The reason i need advice is that a friend this morning transfered some money to me thinking they had sent it to my current natwest account unfortunately they transfered it to my old A & L account which has been frozen. Will the transfer bounce or have i lost the money now?, I really hope it bounces.

Thanks

Ask your friend to contact his bank and ask if they can cancel the transfer. If both bank accounts are not on faster payments system he might be able to cancel but do it ASAP

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Davren22,

You haven't lost it. The money that was transfered over was real, it's a question of is the Account Closed then it will bounce back to your friends account. If it's still a live account, it will except the funds. then you just need to speak to your bank.

Welcome to Consumer Action Group

'Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.'

Joshua J. Marine

1) CLAIM BACK ALL PENALTY CHARGES CLICK HERE

2) CLAIM BACK ALL MIS-SOLD PPI CLICK HERE

3) COMPOUNDED CONTRACTUAL INTEREST CLICK HERE

4) REQUEST CCA FROM CREDITOR CLICK HERE

5) OFT- UNENFORCEABLE AGREEMENTS CLICK HERE

6) CAREY V HSBC (2009) CLICK HERE

7) DON'T BE BULLIED BY CREDITORS / DCA's CLICK HERE

8) IN DEBT DON'T PANIC CLICK HERE

9) FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT CLICK HERE

10) SALE OF GOODS ACT-EDUCATE YOUR RETAILER CLICK HERE

11) DISTANCE SELLING-EDUCATE YOR RETAILERCLICK HERE

12) SOGA SUMMARY CLICK HERE

13) WHICH? TEMPLATES [/url]CLICK HERE

14) DOES YOU BANK TREAT YOU FAIRLY BCOBSCLICK HERE

15) EVERYTHING HOUSING CLICK HERE

16) UTILITY BACKBILLING CLICK HERE

17) OFGEM - COMPLAINTSCLICK HERE

18) OFCOM - COMPLAINTS CLICK HERE

DON'T GIVE UP, THIS SITE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH GUIDANCE AND EMPOWERMENT

Don't forget to donate to this site

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers

Thanks for the quick response guys.

Unfortunately my friend was told it was a same day transfer therefore it will already be in the alliance and leicester account, Im not too sure if the bank account is shut down or just frozen, i just cant see A & L giving me the money put in today as the account was overdrawn, will they not just see it as paying off the overdrawn balance.

Sorry if i sound a bit lost with this, i have never come accross this situation before.

Thanks

Thanks for the quick response guys.

Unfortunately my friend was told it was a same day transfer therefore it will already be in the alliance and leicester account, Im not too sure if the bank account is shut down or just frozen, i just cant see A & L giving me the money put in today as the account was overdrawn, will they not just see it as paying off the overdrawn balance.

Sorry if i sound a bit lost with this, i have never come accross this situation before.

Thanks

Tell them that your friend has sent the money in error, it was never intended for you .. he placed it in the wrong account.

I would think they would have to return it or basically its theft is it not ?

Thread moved to the A&L forum.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

"I would think they would have to return it or basically its theft is it not ?"

Yes indeed it is, not on the part of the company but the individual. If A 7 L are very difficult better to get your friend to contact thier bank and state they sent the money to the wrong details. They will speak to your bank and they will ask you if its ok to return it.

The usual problem in these situations is that the bank it goes to does not have to disclose the details of the person the payment went to. In this case fortunately that is not such a mystery :)

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.