Quesion on filling out my WTC claims form...

Kriminal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Okay, basically I'm starting back to work on the 30th November, and as per the advice of other's on here (thankyou very much) I rang the office and asked if I would be eligible for WTC's - to which they replied yes, and sent me the form.

On Page 6 it's asking me about work details, and I'm confused/stuck on parts 4.6 to 5 :

It's the part titled 'You - Employed'. It asks me 'How many paid jobs as an employee do you have'.

Would I be right in saying that I have fill this in with a zero, as at present I am still unemployed ? :???: I'm presuming I do as the following questions are relating to my Employer's name, PAYE tax reference, and payroll number etc., all off which I will not have as I'm unemployed until I start my new job.

Am I right, or completely wrong ? :-D

If you complete it with a "0", you will be awarded a "0". Working tax credit claims aren't advance claims. Tax credits cannot deal with changes until the changes actually occur.

So, you can't apply until you commence work and have all the details for the form. They can backdate the claim to the day you started work, and the furthest they will back date is 3 months. Well, you can apply but you would be refused.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Thanks for the reply Erika.

It does say that you can claim if you are to start work within 7 days. So, I was just trying to get a little 'ahead' off things by filling out the form, but not sending it off until next week.

:wink:

Ah I see. I know when you are in receipt of tax credit and are expecting a change of circumstances they won't take the information until the change has actually occured.

Perhaps your future employer would provide you with the information required if you tell them why you need it. You can then place a small paragraph at the "additional information" part of the form (most claim forms have these, usually towards the end of the form) stating that the infomation will apply as of the date you commence work.

Best wishes in your new job, by the way!

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Ah I see. I know when you are in receipt of tax credit and are expecting a change of circumstances they won't take the information until the change has actually occured.

Perhaps your future employer would provide you with the information required if you tell them why you need it. You can then place a small paragraph at the "additional information" part of the form (most claim forms have these, usually towards the end of the form) stating that the infomation will apply as of the date you commence work.

Best wishes in your new job, by the way!

Hi Erika,

Thanks again for your help. I rang my future employer, as you suggested, and they were able to help me fill in the boxes with the company information, as requested on the form.

Phew....that was lucky, cuz if I hadn't have asked, and had your reply, I'd have sent the form back incomplete, as I couldn't understand why I had to fill out that particular section.

Thanks again Erika - you're a star :-)