Orange Broadband ... where do I start! ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folkes... This is my first attempt at using CAG... so I hope I am starting the right way!

Orange is giving me problems... I was a customer of theirs for 18months, ending in January this year. Despite the fact that they continued to take the money every month, they did not provide me with any broadband service for a period of about 5 months. Despite many, protracted, and extremly frustrating calls to their customer helpline (mis-named ... very unhelpful) no service was restored. So I left. Another problem... they continued to take payments from the bank after my contract ended! Now, they have admitted they were wrong to take this money... and they always promise that a cheque will be sent "on the next billing cycle". No cheque has ever been received.

What can I do to:

1. force these people to refund the payment they admit is due, and

2. can I pursue them for the payments covering the period when they provided no service?

Where do I start?

1st, Welcome to CAG :)

I take it you paid by direct debit. Talk to your bank about the "direct debit guarentee" and ask them to do a "direct debit recall" as the guarentee offers an immidiate refund on errors. Your bank should refund you, then claim the money back from Orange.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Guest Orange Response

Hi sentinel9,

Sorry to read of the problems you had with our broadband service and now with the refund not received. I work for Orange and may be able to help.

If you can email your landline number/broadband account number and best contact number to [email protected], I'll give you a ring to discuss.

So I can pick up your mail quickly, please add 'Jonathan Orange Response' in the first line.

Hope this helps

Jonathan

Orange Response Team

• 1 month later...

Thank's Folkes... this is complicated because the payments were made from an account with my Mum... and she died in March last year. It's been difficult to deal with all this, but I'll try your suggestions and keep going with this. Orange had no right to treat her this way.