ipa help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5236 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi guys and hopefully u can help

was made bankrupt sequestrated in july this is being dealt with bu a trustee not coverd by aib

to cut along story short income £1200 and about £510 child tax benifet etc

now when trustee was working out ipa came up with figure oif £200 they made a mistake Had us down for £1300 also we boobed on council; tax £45 to little and also pointed out salery was being cut by £25 per week

so today along comes new ipa today £194!!! so phones trustee explains again £100 less salery £45 council tax differance And also there mistake £100 and this allows for a £6 decrease !! and to end all he says we juggled the figures and this is what we think you can afford this is for 2 adults and 2 kids of 7 & 12 and if we dont agree they will take it to sheriff for an ipo

does this seem right can any one advise

ps i have sent letter off asking how the obtained this amount

than in advance

so you went through an IP rather than the AIB?

then still goes through the AIB who then can nominate to keep your IP as your trustee rather than an AIB appointed trustee.

The trustee i had from the AIB was great and went through everything and inlcuded extras like vet bills etc that i hadn't even thought of.

I think you are going the right way,

Ask for a complete breakdown via letter.

You can call national debtline 0808 808 4000 or the AIB themselves when you get a response and they may be able to help calrfiy how much they would but basically any surplus amount of monies after your household expenses are deducted can be taken

But if you cannot agree with your trustee then the sheriff can be asked to make a decision,

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

hi thanx the court awarded ip i think the local council asked for them i spoke to aib and was told as they never ordered trustee i have to put it to aib corraspondence team and they would see wot they could do

i just feel £194 is a lot cause we are still struggling after cutting things right down

i know i properly have to pay something but if they take that if washing machine frigde or car etc pack in we are stuffed

I know the trustee i had inlcuded £20 per month for emergencies/car mot etc

do you have things like this in your income and expenditure?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

theres something wrong or they are not allowing the full amounts for certain things

if your surplus is £98 then you should only be paying 50 - 70 % of the £98.

I would suggest that tomorrow if you have 1/2 hour contact national debtline and ask them to go through your income and expendiutre to see if they find the amounts reasonable that you have.

if they do i would write to the IP again with your correct income and expenditure and ask for a written explaination on how the come to their figures and that you want them to reassess your income and expenditure and you want a written response. I would send it recorded/special.

well phoned national debt line very helpful seems im claiming for every thing im entitled to and he reckons ive only got £30 spare and cant figure out were trustee is getting his figures from

so waiting now for income and expediture on debt lines headed paper and will send to trustee requesting written conformation of how they work out there figure and also sending to aib to let them investigate it

big thanx ida

no probs, national debtline is normally very good and very helpful.

can you keep us updated as it may help someone else

ida x

Well emailed ip with income expenditure that i did with national debt line

and now he says that im claiming too much for fuel £240 for going to and from work and £35 for tax mot and maintanince and also informed me that he doesnt need to provide details of the way they worked out my ipa even though it only shows £30 surplus

so i have until monday to sign and return ipa or be taken to court to let the sheriff decide and he reckons sheriff will side with them !

lifes never easy

have also sent of income and expediture to aib and they will investigate

hopefully it will take a few weeks to go to court

let the sherriff decide then.

ask the aib for their response on what your income and exp is like to take with you as well,

ida x

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

well not heard from aib yet (should have sent recorded)

but ip phoned today to say would accept £100 per month pointed out surlplus of £30 again

then sayed £50 from u £50 from wife who also went bankrupt and recieved letter saying no ipa and signed and sent back

pointed this out and he says well that the best your gonna get !!!! and sayed at end of convo sleep on what ive said and get back to me before 12 tomoorow

mmmmmmm threats ui think lol now seems to be gettin silly

can i just check - your i and e includes all income in house inlcuding your wifes?

ok good just checking :p

I would be forcing their hand to let a sheriif decide and keep copies of the NDS i and e on the headed papaer etc

any response from the AIB yet?

• 2 weeks later...

Update aib sent letter to say looking into wots going on BUT!!!!!!

wednesday ip phones wont accept my £30 ipa offer wants £60 our whole excess and says ill put it in writing and send to u

now tonight on online banking and he has set up a open direct debt no amount !! on it ive not signed a direct debt mandate can he do this

secondly ive not signed a ipa either thought payments were an agreement seems he can do what he wants is this legal??? getting very frustrated now

cancel the dd,

i would send him a recorded letter that until it is agreed in writing about the amount you are to pay that no direct debit is to be set up. advise him as he is asking for more than available then you want the court to decide and advised him that you have already taken advice from national debtline and the AIB. i would start as well asking for any contact from in writing only so you have paper trail.

ida x

i am not sure as i was thru AIB appointed, maybe asking AIB that question ;)