Help Hire Repair Unsatisfactory

emmarky
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently been involved in an accident and the repair has been completely handled by a Help hire company, they take my bike away to their repairers and supply me with a hire bike. I had no more invlvement until one day my bike was delivered back to me. I signed the delivery as unchecked and a few days later my hire bike was collected. So quite straight forward and a good enough company so far.

I have been in contact with helphire and have told them of a concern i have with the quality of the repair they had carried out. They are telling me that they have no obligation to me with regards the repair and it is my responsibility to take up any complaints directly with their repairer. I am responsible for transporting my bike to their repairer and reaching an agreable solution. Not only is their repairer a considerable distance away, i have had no contact with them, signed no contract with them or ever received details of any part of the repair details.

I have requested a copy of the repair works carried out and help hire tell me this is not something they can or do supply to customers. Once again i would have to take it up with their repairers.

Does any of this sound right? Have i been fooled into using a sub standard company?

Yours disgruntled :mad:

Mark.

Hello Sam,

My Insurance Company use Help Hire and when i called my insurance company they informed me of this and put me straight through while still on the phone. So yes i guess they did. Saying that the only forms i signed came from Help Hire and not my insurers. My Insurance company have sent me a letter expressing that the repairs have been completed and it will not effect my no claims (if that helps any)

Ok, this should be pretty straight forward. Contact your insurance co and inform them you are not happy with the repair. I would ring the number on the letter they sent you and ask what they can do about it. Let us know what response you get. As I see this, you deal with your insurers as it appears it was they who involved Help Hire on your behalf.