Can a bankrupt continue with court proceedings which could benefit him?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, need some urgent help with a matter I am involved with. Friend of mine is involved in very complex case and the other side are trying to bankrupt him. We have been told that if they succeed with the BR (which obviously we are fighting - set aside of SD already drafted) he cannot continue with the court proceedings. He stands to gain a large amount of damages, far in excess of the amount they are trying to BR him for, and it seems that is why they are trying this.

We have been told by someone that if he does go BR the trustee will not allow him to continue with the case. He is a litigant in person and therefore is not incurring costs, apart from the other side's of course:).

Does anyone have any knowledge of such things?

Thanks

Goldlady

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Hi, well you have confirmed my thoughts on it, which then makes me wonder why on earth they have served the SD? I can see that if a third party had served a SD and there was a case ongoing with someone else that may not help, but if the proceedings are between the two parties then surely no judge would allow the BR to proceed.

Thanks

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

In the general case the OR takes over any litigation in which you are involved. If there is any likelihood of further money coming in then he will almost certainly continue the litigation himself.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

As above, sometimes the creditors will issue stat demands on people who have no assets and live in rented accomodation which does not make much sense, as they are not going to receive anything back from them in bankruptcy. They do have to threaten/issue this before they can make someone bankrupt, but if they are not going to gain anything by doig this, it is a waste of their expenses, and silly to me