Any body had problems with DCA's like CABOT

kiltedman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If any of you have had problems with DCA's like me please can you got to the watchdog site and fill in the i have a story link. the more people complain the bigger the story they can run and the more truth's about these companies we can get out there.

BBC - Watchdog - - Got a story

Edited by maroondevo52
Sorry, on wrong post !!

Personally speaking I don't see the need, this site does much more than Watchdog in as much as it's here 24/7/365 and other than a few headline grabbing stories which is what Watchdog will fanfare when they get a result due to their 'pressure' it will be pretty much nothing from then on.

Sorry if that sounds a little pessimistic but as an example, Matt Allrights rogue traders exists because of rogue elements in the building/sales trade, the progamme highlights the issues, trading standards are informed and it's all good tv...but a year or so later he is often found on the case of the same rogue from 12 months previous...doing the same thing again albeit in a slightly different guise....but the point is they're (supposed tradesmen) doing it again....and thats what Watchdog will do with DCA's, get a scoop, give the lowdown and for the few minutes of airtime the dca's are put in a bad light (probably)

It's only consistency that will run the less reputable DCA' out of business, consistent good advice from caggers to other caggers etc....this site continually educates, it's educated me to a degree and although I'm nowhere near as up to speed with things as others...I'm catching on fast and I can come here (courtesy of this sites management keeping it afloat) this website is much much more of a resource that I think it's given credit for, Watchdog will know this website exists, they can come here and read and learn themselves.

I'll keep reporting dca's activities, I'll keep updating the various ombudsman/information commissioner/trading standards until eventually and with others doing the same...they have to take note and actually gain some balls/teeth when listening to the masses where disreputable business practices in the lending/debt industry are concered...and act accordingly.

Watchdog, nice for 5 mins, Consumeractiongroup.co.uk, here 24/7/365 and I know where I'd rather spend my time when adding ten penneth..

Sorry if thats a little convulted.

If any of you have had problems with DCA's like me please can you got to the watchdog site and fill in the i have a story link. the more people complain the bigger the story they can run and the more truth's about these companies we can get out there.

BBC - Watchdog - - Got a story

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

Ah yes Cabot.

Not sure if you could do anything because after speaking to Cabot on the phone on a number of occassions its seems clear that there are 2 sets of laws. One for Cabot and one for everybody else.

If Watchdog actually do anything, it will have proven worthwhile. One of the reasons this site is so successful and the OFT eventually acted on bank charges was because of the media coverage that the issue secured.

There are two main levels of pressure that can be brought to bear on an issue like this. The first is the slogging on the ground, helping people to take action. The other is public pressure to change the way these companies operate.

Debt buyers and debt collectors will never make things easier for their victims voluntarily. In fact in some cases I don't think there is any limit to what they would do if given the chance. They need to be effectively regulated and the rights of consumers need to be protected. The balance at the moment is too much in favour of the industry. Media pressure can help to change this.

Personally, given the grief these people caused me in the past I would really like to do to them what we've already done to the banks.