Exeter CEO - Wow!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yesterday I had to drive hundreds of miles to Exeter with my son who went for an interview at the University. I have never been to Exeter before, so we set off with ample time to arrive and have a quick lunch in town before dropping off at the Uni.

Being a blue badge holder, I looked for a disabled space. I struggled and found lots of loading bays on the roads but no actual disabled bays. I could have parked in a normal space of course, but try to avoid that as it only deprives a paying motorist a space.

I eventually found a space near the library where you are forced to turn in a sort of car park in Musgrave Row (for those that know). I checked the signage or so I thought and parked.

We had a slow wander (I cannot go fast) and then it started raining, so we decided to just get back to the car. As I arrived at the car I noticed a CEO had just walked past my car and as I arrived at it he pointed out that I wasn't allowed to park there. I asked why and he said to read the sign, which I did. Then I realised it was a very confusing sign and actually I wasn't allowed to park.

The sign said No loading, 10am-6pm. Disabled parking only from 6pm to 8am.

I misread it as no loading, but disabled parking allowed. There was a lot of other info on the sign, but hey, it wasn't rocket science and I just got it wrong.

But this CEO was a nice old chap. He said that it confuses a lot of people and he said it is obvious that I tried to park in the right place. He was utterly pleasant, polite and I must say highly professional. It is not like me to have anything good to say about CEO's, but this chap was a diamond.

He even directed me to where I could easily find disabled parking once I dropped my son off. This chaps collar number was noted and I will write to Exeter council with a suitably worded thanks for him. Praise where praise is due.

From the old school of doing things I think you could say. I do realise that if I arrived 10 minutes later I would probably have been given a ticket, but he could have given me one before I arrived and didn't because he was just doing things the nice way.

Well done that man!:D

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.

If I were you, I would not write letters to anyone, and give it time and check your post.

I have seen acts like this before, and later on a ticket drops on your door mat.

Always remember least said soonest mended.