Teleogram, acting for CapQuest Investments Ltd

bumper186
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all - first timer, in a bit of a state, hopefully you can guide. I recieved a letter from Teleogram, acting for CapQuest Investments Ltd. They are trying to establish my new address - they have an address I left 17 (ish) years ago - I handed the keys back on a property, used and agency at the time from memory who helped me close of any outstanding debt issues (for the life of me i cant remember how they did this) - anyway i havent heard anything for 17 years - now this. It says i need to respond within a certain time or it will be progressed to their investigation unit.

What is the correct action?

Please help.

Hello and Welcome, bumper186.

I'll use your post to start a new thread for you.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

The correct action is to completely ignore them - they are phishing and it may not be you they are looking for at all. Anything from 17 years ago is Statute Barred and they have no lawful right to be chasing you if it is anything from that time. Mark the next one you receive "Return to sender" and send it back to their dung pile where it belongs. These nice people are now so desperate for money they are chasing cobwebs. Relax and forget about them.

Yes thoroughly agree, ignore ignore ignore.

It's nearing X-mas and they are trying to rake in as much extra drinking funds as they can.

As Pinky has already said, anything that is this Old will now be well and truly Satute Barred (SB) under the Limitation Act, in which a creditor has 6 years (5 in Scotland) to chase a debt and seek payment or legal action.

During this period, as long as you have never made a payment or admitted you owe the debt then once it becomes SB nothing either they or you do can ever re-start the clock.

You can be rest assured and laugh at their incompetence that you will not have to pay them anything!

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi all - first timer, in a bit of a state, hopefully you can guide. I recieved a letter from Teleogram, acting for CapQuest Investments Ltd. They are trying to establish my new address - they have an address I left 17 (ish) years ago - I handed the keys back on a property, used and agency at the time from memory who helped me close of any outstanding debt issues (for the life of me i cant remember how they did this) - anyway i havent heard anything for 17 years - now this. It says i need to respond within a certain time or it will be progressed to their investigation unit.

What is the correct action?

Please help.

Hi bumper, this is the same situation as me, left the property 17+ years ago, read loads on this site about these clowns.......my deadline is tomorrow.....cant wait for stage 2.....one letter should put it to bed

Hi all, just had a letter from HL Legal, saying as no response to letter from Telogram, they will take further action to contact me - including a visit. Is there anything I can send them telling them to back off. I am still not absolutely certain as to what they are calling for - i am just guessing its the property scenario although after further checking i did reach an agreement with the mortgage company at the time who settled for a one of lump payment, so this should be closed.

Any guidence would be much appreciated - a link to a letter for me to send would be great....

Thanks in advance

Hi,

If you wish to contact them although the chances of them actually turning up is remote, you could send this letter:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/590-letter-used-when-a-dca-threatens-a-doorstep-visit-.html

I recommend you go into no details and just send the letter.

Send it recorded delivery and do not sign it.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE