Phone Rip Off

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was hoping somebody could help me with this consumer issue. My parents bought my brother a mobile phone for £250, it worked for 5 months & now it will not log onto the net & has other software probs. Last week he took it back to the shop & they sent it away to be repaired. Today he went to collect it & tried it before he left only to find it was still broke. When he told the asst, he said they would send it back to repair. My brother told him he had just been 1 week without a phone, & would like a cheap one to use. The bloke said it was Co. policy not to lend phones whilst repairs are being done. He then said its like when your tv breaks you just use another, when my brother said he did'nt have a 2nd tv not everybody can afford 2, he said you could buy a cheap one for £20. Why should he have to buy one when he already has one & he's unemployed so can't he does,nt have the money

No - you are not entitled to a replacement. The TV analagy remains a good one, but it holds true for anything you buy, UNLESS you have attanged for additional cover that will ensure a replacement when the item goes faulty.

As for £20 for a new phone, ASDA are selling them for £7.50, you just need to pick out one that works with the same network (in case it is SIM locked to one or another).

Great idea to ensure the phone wasn't working before leaving the shop - but the things complained of may also be configuration issues, amd have nothing to do with the shop - you need to go though the settings to make sure they are set up correctly, ot go to the network shop and ask for help.

Edited by buzby

Thread moved to Telecoms.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert