Capquest found me..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, I'm a long time lurker on here but a first time poster.

I have a Cap1 Credit card from September 2007. It had a £200 limit and quite a few charges. I've paid of all the money I actualy spent, and then forgot about the charges, which have been added on top of other charges etc.

This card was registered to my mothers address, as that was where I was living at the time. I DPA'd them about 6 months ago, and received a few unintelligble screen-grabs, and a few statements. There was no CCA in the pack. I wrote to them asking for a copy of the CCA, but heard nothing back.

Since then I've changed jobs and moved house and unfortunately, fallen behind with my bank claims.

I was surprised today to receive a letter from Capquest at my new address today asking me to pay £539!!

I'm a bit unsure what to do, as it's a few months since I had any contact with Cap1. I'm also worried that they have my new address somehow, and that the debt has jumped from £180 to £539 in the space of a few months.

Any advive would be appreciated.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Hello and Welcome, FullyBANKcharged.

Find out what the charges come to and claim them back, put the account into dispute, the DCA should not be able to chase you until the dispute is resolved.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi,

They should have complied with your Subject Access Request at the time, send them a non-complience letter...........

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/129-data-protection-act-non-compliance-template-letters-

Why give them another £10 ;)

Regards.

Scott.

Not a jot, at least I don't think so :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help, any idea how they will have found my new address?

Take a look at your credit file, if you've changed/updated your other bank account/credit card details to your new address it's highly likely the cra have your addresses linked (will show on your file)

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

Nothing like an infomed Cagger to **** on their parade and extinguish any £1 signs they may have....

The DCA's do feel a sense of achievment when they "find someone" & the £ signs light up in front of their eyes :rolleyes:

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, update, realy realy worried now.

Got a letter today from a company called HL Legal solicitors.

They say the account has been passed to them and that theyve added £55 court costs and £70 solicitos costs, taking the debt up to £664.

This is from about £180 in February, bearing in mind the last time I used the card was September 2007.

Any help is realy realy appreciated as Im getting a bit panicked now.

Stop panicking. HL legal are a pathetic joke. Thy can add all the unlawful charges that they wan, all it proves is that thy are very unlikely to be taking anything anywhere near a judge.

Report them to Trading Standards and the OFT, they should not be chasing a debt that is in dispute. You could send them the "bemused" letter as well, but reporting them is often all it takes to get them to go away.

• 1 month later...

********Update: 15/01/2010**************

Had two lovely letters in the post today. A signed copy of a CCA from CapOne, (probably enforceable, but which I will scan in and post tomorrow.) Accompanied by a snotty letter, telling me how gracious CapOne had been by deigning to give me, a mere customer, a true copy of my records :cool:

Seperately I also received this from Capquest:

Client: Cap1

Balance: £More than 500

Dear fullyBANKcharged,

It is apparent that we need to start the litigation process to resolve this matter.

As you will be aware we have communicated with you over a period of time to resolve this without legal action. (I am assuming that is the one threatening letter I received in November.) Costs incurred as a result of any judgement will be added to your balance, if we succeed in obtaining Judgement against you.

My name is Marcus Butterworth (:p) and I have been appointed as your case handling supervisor.

Together with my team. it is my responsibity to progress your account through the litigation process, but also to assist and inform you on any query or question you may have.

Your case will be processed and passed to our solicitors on or around 25 Jan 10 a process that you can stop by telephoning 0870 084 3513 to discuss your account, and reaching an amicable solution. (:p:p:p:p:p)

I will not be demanding payment in full. (I wonder why?) I will be open to suggestions from you on how this account may be settled. (Dont tempt me.

If you contact us before 25th January 2010, I can offer you a settlement figure to clear your outstanding balance. That means you only have to pay £xxx (under £300.) to clear this account, and if required, you can pay this amount over three months.

I trust you will recognise that my appointment is an indication of the imminent commencement of legal proceedings. (Translation: "I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.") I trust that you will take this opportunity to contact us and save yourself the possible expense of litigation and the problems that any litigation in which we are successful could cause you.

We look forward to hearing from you. (I bet you do.)

Mr. A. Realhumanbeing

So, seriously and joking aside, 1 to 10, how worried should this make me? And whats the next step?