• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

cap one income form etc

DOZY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

my solicitors sent for a CCA, I received just an application form and mixed up statements , I sent off for a CCA in dispute letter 3 weeks ago, with a request to write off the debt, I have now received a two letters , first one a income statement form, the second a day later a list of debtors and amounts and amount being paid monthly.

Now if Cap one have failed to supply a CCA, and now with my regards to me sending them a write off with a "in dispute letter" , can they still expect me to fill in both the income statement and the debtors list etc.

I am not particulary bothered about the debtors list, but the income statement also wants my wifes income too, do I comply with this form at all or just fill in my own income only, the expenses are awkward cos wife pays them,

I am in a quandry here that i may get the debt written off or they maybe just using my write off plea as a excuse to find out my/our income/expenses etc.

what should i do .

dozy

If you've sent them an account in dispute letter then it is up to you whether you stop payment to them if you haven't already.

Unless the debt is in joint names then they have no right to your partners details of income.

You could send them a reminder that the account is in dispute and also refer to your previous letter regarding writing off the deebt and enclose a copy of that letter then wait and see what response you get. That's what I'd do but it is up to you.

SD

I have no legal training and any knowledge I possess is based on my own experiences

Previously on the forum as Diamond Girl but still having problems logging back in

Hi Crap1 have no more right to a list of your income and expenditure than I have(wife says I have no rights at all unless she says so). Only a court can demand that you complete an income and expenditure form. Please remember that creditors and DCA have an inflated sense of what they can demand. In the same way you decide what amount of money you pay a creditor if any, again only a court can make you pay a fixed amount, and if a court requires you to pay £x per month then the court is the only authority that can change that amount though some crdeditors and DCA seem to think they can unilaterally change that amount.

dpick

Hi, DOZY.

What do your solicitors say ?

If poss could you scan up on to this thread exactly what the sent you with regards to the CCA, remembering to remove all personal details.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Dozy,

I've merged both your threads on this subject and unapproved the duplicate, please continue to post on this one as it makes it easier for people to help you.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

hi scott

qoute:

Hi, DOZY.

What do your solicitors say ?

If poss could you scan up on to this thread exactly what the sent you with regards to the CCA, remembering to remove all personal details.

Regards.

Scott

my reply dozy.

hI Scott

Solicictors took on my case on a legal aid thing , the amount of work they could do , (£200-00, i think) they could do under that free legal aid scheme was reached , thus i have started to to do it myself with the forums kind help.

Their help did of course write off one debt, £****, and achieve some progress on the rest of the creditors, as my message posting.

I will gladly scan up the income form and the debtors list form ,.

but those are pretty standard layout things are they not , so shout if you want them .

I have gone down two biggies to date, then theres this one for £***, then another biggie £****.

My only income is DLA, no pensions at all yet( 4 years away,).

My wife , just SP, two small Pensions , AA, CA, PC, which includes me as a couple, but within that PC is disability payments added too.

As you might know , the goverment !! in their wisdom !! set out minimum levals of income that a couple can live on ,(£198-00 per week !!) thus our PC has been tailored to that rule for a couple.

Thus our personel ( or rather my wifes) income is taken from that figure ,leaving a figure which we are entitled too , plus the disability bits added to it. to achieve our PC.

I/we Have several bits done to our home to enable us too live safely, We have just this week had the disabled facilities grant people come round for another check -up , and its now going to the local council for ok ,then to builders for survey , then OK ,and start on our modifications to our home/bathroom (wetroom) shower etc, to begin ASAP.

P.s i have had 90 hospital apps this year alone discounting the in patient weeks (2).

So so I am feeling a lot happier so far , but want total closure on all that keeps me awake.

dozy

Hi

I posted a message to forum yesterday on this and received some help, But I really want a definate answer to the question, do i have to put my wifes income down on form, she is a pensioner , whereas I am not yet(61) and my sole income if you/they could say it is is DLA, no other income at all.

Now i am going for a write off on this debt , so if I do not play ball with the demand for wifes income they may not do anything at all.

I may also add that they have failed twice now to produce a true CCa, and ignored a in dispute letter.

What doe,s and does not contitute a income,in this scenario, are benifits income , state pension , dla, etc.

They have also asked for a list of my debts etc.

Do I comply with just my DLa/income? and blank wifes , by the way the debt (s) are all in my name only.

or some other suggestion please.

dozy

Hi Dozy again

Its just occured to me that they just might be fishing for my income etc, but their letter also said to send all medical docs to them as well, what do you think.

dozy

Hi Dozy again

Its just occured to me that they just might be fishing for my income etc, but their letter also said to send all medical docs to them as well, what do you think.

dozy

I am not sure under the circumstances if you are obliged to give them ANY information , what is the benefit to you , in my opinion ,

Hi Dozy again

dozy

Who has sent the income and expenditure and what reason was one sent in the first place?

Difficult to advise without really knowing what prompted one to be sent.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Who has sent the income and expenditure and what reason was one sent in the first place?

Difficult to advise without really knowing what prompted one to be sent.

Hi

The debt is capquest !!, right my solictor sent for a write first ,then CCA,d them and others, cap then sent a duff CCA with mixed up dated statements ( i,ve seen this bit some where on forum), my legal aid ran out so i sent them a "in dispute letter" ,with a further one for a request to re-consider a write off.

they replied with a letter wanting medical records and an income statement.

this is asking for my wifes income as well she is on SP/AA/PC only, now on PC rules my DLA is not counted as income ,but my wifes SP is,thus we receive PC as a couple, and i am sure Pc and other benifits are not counted as income , but you seem to have to put them down anyway , hoping they don,t say it is income.

the debt is in my name only.

They could just be fishing , or may try to wipe the debt off , if they are satisfied with the medical reports etc , that where I am in a quandry about this income thing.

going by what I,ve seen on forum on capquest tactics i,m 50/50 to reply fully or just medicals and my DLA only.

Hi

I posted a message to forum yesterday on this and received some help, But I really want a definate answer to the question, do i have to put my wifes income down on form, she is a pensioner , whereas I am not yet(61) and my sole income if you/they could say it is is DLA, no other income at all.

Now i am going for a write off on this debt , so if I do not play ball with the demand for wifes income they may not do anything at all.

I may also add that they have failed twice now to produce a true CCa, and ignored a in dispute letter.

What doe,s and does not contitute a income,in this scenario, are benifits income , state pension , dla, etc.

They have also asked for a list of my debts etc.

Do I comply with just my DLa/income? and blank wifes , by the way the debt (s) are all in my name only.

or some other suggestion please.

dozy

Well, if they have failed to produce a true CCA then the debt can not be enforced in a court of law so any request for what income you have before that happens can be ignored in my opinion..

Hi There

Hi

The debt is capquest !!, right my solictor sent for a write first ,then CCA,d them and others, cap then sent a duff CCA with mixed up dated statements ( i,ve seen this bit some where on forum), my legal aid ran out so i sent them a "in dispute letter" ,with a further one for a request to re-consider a write off.

they replied with a letter wanting medical records and an income statement. i sent them off.

Hi I have received a reply .

Its posted from CDR in bristol, whereas i sent my letter to Fleet hampshire.

Their letter is a thank for your recent comminication.

this correspondance is our acknowledgement on the commitment that you have made with this firm to repay your account.

we can confirm acceptance of this as follows

installments of £1-00 per month.

I did the maths and it will take 50 years to pay it off !!,

also mentioned was settlement offer of 70% of debt which again according to my sums if i pay 34.86 years worth of £1-00,s, they,ll give me 14.94 years of discount, really kind of them too offer.

But of course i,ve CCA them and "in-disputed them , and no reply to write off yet , so as generous as the payments and the offer are !! , I do not have to pay them even their £1-00,s .

but again they,ve added a rise to the amount owed if i do not pay up. nice.

So when you,ve stopped laughing ,let me hear your views.

dozy

I Agree with Alf.

Capone tried this with me also, being self employed they insisted on bank statements, OH income, proof of how much I earn from clients and previous two years Tax Returns - all they got was a bog off, mind your own business letter and as they cant provide a 'true copy' of my agreement they get sod all and havent done for 12 months now.

beachy

• Haha 1