style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi from a newcomer to the forums :) well i best start with my problem with CDUK with a debt from EGG.

Now at the beginning of this year i had to take 6 months off due to ill health, this was without sick pay.

Now i accrued a few debts which im slowly paying off, one with Blackhorse £257 arrears which is nearly paid off and the above one my egg card.

Now with only a small income £600 pm and having rent and other bills to pay i can only afford to pay CDUK £20/30 a month max for a £667 debt. Now they are refusing to accept my offer and are wanting at least £80 a month.

Where do i stand with minimum payments? are they legally obliged to accept my offer? also can they put an attachement of earnings and start taking money out of my salary?

Help appreciated.

you are jumping way ahead . they could only do these things if it went to court undefended and then you failed with the court order.

have you put your offer in wiriting? if not stop talking to them on the phone and put it in writing - letter B in this link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

if you wanted you can send payment to them even if they refuse

have you thought about sending cduk a cca request?

this would check they have the appropriate paperwork to ask for payment?

letter N in the link

and welcome to CAG :D

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

template 8

costs £1 postal order, send it recorded do not sign it, they then have 12+2 days to supply a valid agreement, if they do not then the account goes into dispute and you dont apy them anything until they produce the agreement, at which point you post it up on here and get it checked out.

simples

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

CDUK (wasnt that a music show in the 90s?) have no legal authority to any money off you whatsoever,only a country court does.

They will accept what you offer them in a like it or lump it sort of way.

Refuse to answer their security questions if they ring.

Report them to the OFT/trading standards if they dont leave you alone.