Has this account been terminated?

Loser4u
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had court action started on behalf of OC with an invalid default notice.

I sent in my defence and they submitted their reply.

Then right at the wire they wrote to the court to discontinue all of the claim. (I have a copy of the notice of discontinuance and the original default notice.)

They have since wrote to me to request payments and I pointed out their balance is incorrect as they terminated the account with an invalid default notice. The balance due is the amount of arrears at the time the default was issued not the amount they quoted and this amount has now been paid.

So they have decided a new tack now of issuing a new defult notice for the full arrears outstanding - had they not sent an invalid default notice.

Am I right that the court action is proof of termination of the account?

No termination letter was ever sent.

Edited by Loser4u

Hi,

Tricky one this. In the absence of a termination letter,it has to be assumed the account was still active meaning they could send a new and valid default notice (if it is valid). You could post up the new default notice and let the good people here pick it to pieces.

I would send the OC a SAR. Apart from getting back your statements and other stuff, they should also include a breakdown of how your account was run and show screenshots from their computer system. If the account was terminated, it should show on there.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi,

I would send the OC a SAR. Apart from getting back your statements and other stuff, they should also include a breakdown of how your account was run and show screenshots from their computer system. If the account was terminated, it should show on there.

fox

Ask for this explicitly in your SAR letter or your (possibly/probably) wont get it.

IMHO, it's a shot in the dark into scaring you into making a payment.

If the claim has been discontinued, then they will struggle due to re-start another claim thanks to "Res Judicata".

They could re-issue as many DN's as they like, however, it is too late now, as they should have had all their ducks in a row before they started their legal action.

IMHO, it's a shot in the dark into scaring you into making a payment.

Not a chance they should have carried on accepting the reduced payments and not tried to go for the court action

If the claim has been discontinued, then they will struggle due to re-start another claim thanks to "Res Judicata".

This was my thinking

They could re-issue as many DN's as they like, however, it is too late now, as they should have had all their ducks in a row before they started their legal action.

Is it worth bothering to reply to the new DN.

If I do it will be alongs the line of thanking them for the recent correspondance

1. however I would like a copy of the agreement this refers to as this account terminated when original default notice expired and they took the original court action

or

2. Account satisfied as default notice invalid so only the amount of arrears at time of this default notice is due and payment in excess of this has been made.

Point 2 was my original defence that they decided to discontinue on