Link Financial Bailiffs blocked my car in CID style to take it

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4382 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HCE I have noticed in a number of threads now that you are misleading the OP's.

if you are not going to give advice/facts then keep well away, as the post above the meat heads have used a car as a weapon and is criminal.

I would advise that you go and get your self checked out at the hospital as you may have a little whiplash.

then go to the police and report it as what it is if they say it is cival then ask them what the charges would be if a police car was hit by a defendent. i can tell you it is assualt with a deadly weapon and then inturn dangerous driving.

LFB.

furthermore i believe if he does have to give it back he is entitled to make sure the said car gets a fair price and not sold under book which happens so often and still leaving the debter with more debt than is nessesary

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

furthermore i believe if he does have to give it back he is entitled to make sure the said car gets a fair price and not sold under book which happens so often and still leaving the debter with more debt than is nessesary

any goods that are taken should be sold (at the best possible price) for the creditor but they have just de-valued the car by running in to it.

LFB

Hi Chillinlong

I cannot add to the excellent advice already given by eveyrone ( with one exception ) .

I just wanted to say the situation sounded very frightening and if I was put in that position I would have been traumatised. I hope you are over the shock. I doubt any court would condone these tactics.

Take Care

Regards

Marg

Actually if I am not mistaken, in a way it is assault if someone deliberately rams their car into yours and to take it one step further could almost be attempted murder although that is a bit extreme however the police are obliged to respond as at that point when the car is rammed it would no longer be a civil matter.

Hello all again,

I am sorry for the delay in replying, I have just seen all the posts...

I am not really traumatised thankfully I was just surprised at the tactics which were used and was only thinking of highlghting this issue as to how to deal with these kind of tactics properly not only for me but especially for vulnerable people as it seems to be a grey area of what they can and cannot do. I would consider things like whiplash etc but it was not hit hard enough, so if I came accross like they smashed the car I apologise but they did it slowly and banged it to the front to block the car in not to damage well I hope so.

While they were ramming/blocking (Probably a better word to use) the front I reversed after the car behind moved and turned the car onto the side so that if they continue doing this they would have damaged the side of the vehicle and wrecked the car themselves then I would be disputing the sale price of the car after it was damaged by them. As they hit from the front it does not appear to have damaged it from the looks of it...

Although I understand what HCE is saying as in I did miss the payments and the lease was terminated I should be giving it back, had they approach me in a better manner I would have happily handed it back but because the way they were dealing with me I thought not giving them the satisfaction. Now the problem is I did not get the number plate or their names but I did get a picture of what they were doing to the car. I am gutted though that I cannot renew the agreement and start making payment plans to get things back on track so when they do sell them I will be having to pay a large loss, that is the penalty I have to pay for burying my head in the sand for a while.

An answer to a previous question the car is in a company name and I do use it to make a living within the company.

Once again thank you everyone for you concerns I think the best issue next time is to maybe record it on my camera phone and take number plate down and names of collectors. Police though I am not sure unless they actually damage the car properly or physical intimidation. However they were trying to get in the vehicle and did act like street people whereas it probably could have been dealt with better.

I will ring the consumer line for help and report the Link financial people to the appropiate agencies.

I have attached a picture I took quickly of what they were doing although it is not very clear, my car is the silver one.

Once again I thank you all for your posts and helpfulness, its nice to know your not alone during these times...

Link.jpg

The problem was I was a but taken aback as to how they approached I did not even ask them who they were or take their number plate down as I presumed they were from Link because they have been instructed to recover the vehicles and sell.

HCE I agree I do need to give them back but I felt a little agrieved they way they threatened and made it very embarrasing with people watching. It should have been dealt with better is what I am saying but the point you are making is not really relevant as I am trying to establish how this kind of situation should be approached should it happen to a vulnerable person so they are better prepared for it.

A huge thanks for everyones help though on this post...

• 2 years later...

Hiya Im going through the same sort of situation with Link. My hp was with ford and i missed two payments and ford have passed the debt onto link and link have informed me that they want the money of £8500.00 of which i do not have. I told them that i missed two payments of £172.00 and that i was in a position to pay that off and to continue my usual payments but they just do not want to know and this sat they sent a bailiff round to pick up my car. My car was not here and i didnt say where it was as i had a verbal contract with someone from link to try and find the monies by the 8th of may 2012. Now im being hounded by a number of phone calls a day from link of which i havent answered. Link do not write to you they just phone you; this is a very strange way of dealing with customers. I dont know what to do but scared!..... How did you get on? Is there anyone else who can offer some help please

Hiya Im going through the same sort of situation with Link. My hp was with ford and i missed two payments and ford have passed the debt onto link and link have informed me that they want the money of £8500.00 of which i do not have. I told them that i missed two payments of £172.00 and that i was in a position to pay that off and to continue my usual payments but they just do not want to know and this sat they sent a bailiff round to pick up my car. My car was not here and i didnt say where it was as i had a verbal contract with someone from link to try and find the monies by the 8th of may 2012. Now im being hounded by a number of phone calls a day from link of which i havent answered. Link do not write to you they just phone you; this is a very strange way of dealing with customers. I dont know what to do but scared!..... How did you get on? Is there anyone else who can offer some help please

Hi Snowchick, welcome to CAG, as every problem is unique it would be better to start your own thread, as this one is 3 years old, you can use the one i have started for you here, just fill in the blanks

I'm sure someone will be along to help soon.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=168

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!