Solicitors letter from wescot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

received a letter from nelson guest partners solicitors , this letter as been sent with the same post code wescot have sent letters .

basically saying if i don't pay the outstanding balance they will ask the court to order me to pay all fixed costs and statutory intrest .

if it went to court what will happen could i be paying court costs ect..

Hi,

IF it went to court and IF you lost then yes you would have court costs to pay but the important questions are:

Do they have a valid agreement

Was the account defaulted correctly

Was the account terminated

Did you receive a Notice of Assignment

These are generally threat-o-grams but it does no harm to check to see if the muppets have a legal claim to this debt.

What sort of debt is it?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

and for an addon to Sliverfox's post and where I am concerned re Westcot

Do they have a valid agreement - Requested 5 months ago, nothing at all heard from Wescot...and by nothing I mean exactly that.

Was the account defaulted correctly - Nope, far from it, probably the worst of all the faulty DN's I have re the original creditor.

Was the account terminated - Oh yes, indeed it was ...unlawful recission is it.

Did you receive a notice of Assignment - Yes, however the assignment notice was dated 6 months after the original creditor had sold out and were no longer in existence.

---

I'm waiting for Westot to rear their putrid heads, they've collected off me for almost 5 years and if it wasn't for CAG they'd have been collecting off me for sometime to come. Not any more....I'd like them to try mind...

Westcot are bullies, nothing short of.

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

and for an addon to Sliverfox's post and where I am concerned re Westcot

Do they have a valid agreement - Requested 5 months ago, nothing at all heard from Wescot...and by nothing I mean exactly that.

Was the account defaulted correctly - Nope, far from it, probably the worst of all the faulty DN's I have re the original creditor.

Was the account terminated - Oh yes, indeed it was ...unlawful recission is it.

Did you receive a notice of Assignment - Yes, however the assignment notice was dated 6 months after the original creditor had sold out and were no longer in existence.

---

I'm waiting for Westot to rear their putrid heads, they've collected off me for almost 5 years and if it wasn't for CAG they'd have been collecting off me for sometime to come. Not any more....I'd like them to try mind...

Westcot are bullies, nothing short of.

so what do i need to do now ask wescot for a cca it was for a overdraft .

Hi,

IF it went to court and IF you lost then yes you would have court costs to pay but the important questions are:

Do they have a valid agreement

Was the account defaulted correctly

Was the account terminated

Did you receive a Notice of Assignment

These are generally threat-o-grams but it does no harm to check to see if the muppets have a legal claim to this debt.

What sort of debt is it?

the debt was sold to wescot.

not sure if they have a valid agreement.

basically if i let it go to court hAVE I TO ASK THE COURT ABOUT THE THINGS YOU QUOTED ..

Do they have a valid agreement not sure

Was the account defaulted correctly nope

Was the account terminated it was closed so Abbey told me

Did you receive a Notice of Assignment nope

the debt is for £730 i was going to pay abbey , i don't want to pay wescot so would wescot get nothing if it went to court ?

also will the court let me pay so much a month thanks for the info.

cca won't apply to the OD

have you checked to see if there are any charges you can claim back?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Going to court is no big deal these days - you sit in a room with the judge and have a chat its not Rumpole of the bailey stuff now!

The court will look at your finances. Do Not send this information to Westcott. They have no right to it. If it does go to court then if your vunerable person(ir Pregnant or Disabled etc) or on any form of benefits then you might end up paying £1.00 a week. I would send a SAR requst to Westcott - this costs £10 but provides you with all the data they have on you. You have a right to see this info. Send Postal Order (recorded) and marked for SAR request use only. BTW how long ago did you stop paying this OD?

You've had all the usual suggestions made to you, request a SARS, look at your bank charges, speak to the lender but you've not gotten very far in your approach.

You don't want to pay Westot, you're worried about court, you don't want to pay costs....it's a bit inconsistent.

If you've rung Abbey and they say that they've sold the debt to Westcot then simply write a letter to Westcot either with a SARS request which should help show charges made etc...or if you're worried about running out of time due to a SARS possible taking 40 days then simply write a letter to wescot either with the 'prove it' letter from the templates section or simply ask them to send you the 'assignment' notice from abbey to Wescot re the debt being legally theres to collect.

If the assignment letter is sent, bring it back here and post it up and lets have a look at it's validity?

If it is shown that Westcot own your debt and you're insistent on paying them then make an offer much lower than the alleged outstanding balance i.e a FFS 'full and final settlement' ...offer them as little as you think may help swing the deal.

Send all letters recorded.

That will take forever & a day to pay off at the minimum legal rate of £1 per month ;)

should i make a monthly payment to wescot say £20 a month would they still take me to court , i would set up a standing order but i read on this site they could empy my account ,which surley they couldn't do that .

anyway thanks for all the info ..

should i make a monthly payment to wescot say £20 a month would they still take me to court , i would set up a standing order but i read on this site they could empy my account ,which surley they couldn't do that .

anyway thanks for all the info ..

Why would you want to pay somebody that at this point in time have not proved that they own the debt?

and it's a standing order you want, that gives you control, it's direct debit where they can call up for more money

Send them a "prove it" letter. While the debt is in dispute, they cannot legally take court action, and if they do you have an absolute defence. That at least will buy some time while you find out what's what.

The very fact that Wescot have this alleged debt at all probably means that there is no paperwork that they could go to court with anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Get out of banks altogether. I realise that is harder for businesses than for private individuals, but for ordinary non-business customers, why not move to a small building society (a non-bank building society) and work without borrowing. Direct debits (in and out) are still possible and they pay interest on your credit balance. I did ! I have never looked back and, by the way, I don't have anything other than my state and occupational pensions going in but I can control what comes out - and no bank charges !