help re a parking charge - thanks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a letter (all pretty and red!) telling me i have an outstanding parking charge from July 2009. This is the first i know about it, i rang the people responsible and the snotty woman told me i had to pay or else i will incur further charges/debt collectors,

any advice would be appreciated

thanks

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we need more details

was it Council / Police etc ?

or a Private parking Company

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

go to the Rules i posted

1) IGNORE

2) IGNORE

3) GOTO 1

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr IGNORE

RULES

1) IGNORE

2) IGNORE

3) GOTO 1

they rely on people like yourself getting worried,

IT IS NOT A PARKING TICKET . its a make belive [problem] INVOICE

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

that worries me to ignore then though. where are the rules kiptower please :)

The rules that Kiptower refers to are.....

RULES

1) IGNORE

2) IGNORE

3) GOTO 1

If following those rules worry you, then send any paperwork that you receive to me.......... and I'll ignore them for you. :lol:

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

they have now rang my home twice, 1st time i said i wasnt in the 2nd time, i ignored phone.

when you say go to rule 1 what do you mean exactly, i've never been in this situation and i'm not sure what to do. the parking company is LDK group LDK Group i'm assuming that is ther website.

sorry to be a pain,

thanks

is the template section you are referring to?

sorry to go back over

the letter I received was actually from Roxburghe Debt Collectors

their client is LDK Security Group and my alleged ticket was dated 20.07.09 @ 9.51 for an expired ticket.

also end of letter says:

Whilst writing, we would like to draw your attention to common law doctrine of the law of agency, which confirms that a principal (reg keeper) is liable the acts of its agent (the driver). as a reult of this, it is our intention to pursue reg keeper/owner if he vehicle in the absence of driver specifics

Edited by Abi82

Whilst writing, we would like to draw your attention to common law doctrine of the law of agency, which confirms that a principal (reg keeper) is liable the acts of its agent (the driver). as a reult of this, it is our intention to pursue reg keeper/owner if he vehicle in the absence of driver specifics

Oh dear they do seem to be clutching at straws and very insubstantial ones at that. Would guess they have been at the magic mushrooms again:D

Wonder if I will get one of these as well although my requisite 1 from Roxbuggers and 2 from GW have now passed into distant memory

Edited by asmodeus

Only with police and council issued tickets is the RK responsible and if it is not himself who has made the infringement then he is required to name the driver.

With PPC's it works on contract law where it is assumed that the driver of the vehicle has read the terms and conditions and accepts them by parking there. This is nothing to do with the registered keeper and he is not liable. It is the driver who has breached these 'rules' but the problem is that they do not know who the driver is so they go for the registered keeper hoping he will be ignorant enough to simply pay up.

All you have is an unenforceable invoice and a series of empty threats designed to make you think you are in real trouble and must send them some money

Ignore

ooo and thanks

really appreciated

i'll be back no doubt when i cant cope with stress of ignoring them, but if there was a ticket on my car i could understand, and is there not a timescale? this was allegedly 3-4 mths back,

the LDK website says they take pics too

so if they ring me again - what shall i do,

Hello Abi,

I too am currently in the process of ignoring a private parking charge. In my case, every letter I get from the ppc I forward on to the managing agent of the site pointing out any issues of law breaking by the PPC. Eventually, even the managing agent said to me ignore the PPC. Quite amusing.

Private parking companies are typically made up of individuals who are not able enough to do real work, convicted criminals or a combination of both.

They completely rip off the decriminalised parking scheme that the LA's operate. You can usually tell when you have a PPC ticket, LA's tend to be considerably more professional in their approach.

To get your money, a PPC would have to take you to court and win and boy is this a challenge - I dare say that it is easier to moonwalk up Mount Everest. The reason being is that PPC's have to rely on an argument that is legally flawed in every way. It is because of this that they try and scare people in to paying with their fraudulent threats.

I have ignored in the past, I am ignoring now and I will ignore in the future. I only wish they would follow through with their threats of sending a debt collector round. They are a cowardly bunch of half wits who when confronted run away.

Please ignore them and their threats, they cannot do anything to you and they know it.

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

PPCs try to give the impression that they are large powerful companies with the full weight of the law behind them but in reallity they are usually a couple of chancers sitting in a portacabin, scratching there behinds and dreaming up scams to get money out of people

:mad:LF53

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks