The various stages of a Moorcroft collection attempt .....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Stage 1 - Shock and Awe: Scare the proverbial out of a debtor with a fire-and-brimstone letter threatening to hang, draw and quarter said debtor by sending the following. Unsuspecting debtors fall into the trap immediately. CAG members ask the Mrs what's for dinner.

LetterfromMoorcrost23072009.jpg

Stage 2 - Awe Shucks: We meant what we said you know, so you'd better contact us. Unsuspecting debtors who haven't responded will go into a flat spin and hide this letter from the other half. CAG members stick another sausage on the barbie.

LetterfromMoorcrost09092009.jpg

Stage 3 - Aw: We really, really meant it you know. Unsuspecting debtors contemplate calling the CAB. CAG members roll over and have another couple of hours in bed.

LetterfromMoorcrost12102009.jpg

Stage 4 - Shucks: Honestly, we really, really, really meant it and here's a letter from someone with letters after his name to prove how serious we are. Unsuspecting debtors are now frantically searching the internet in secret and are about to become CAG members. Current CAG members are watching a Fuzzybobble production on YouTube.

Midas1.jpg

Stage 5 - Final throw of the dice: OK, so we didn't really mean it and if you pay us now, we'll knock a huge chunk off the balance. You ony reach this stage by being a member of the CAG.

LetterfromMoorcrost10112009.jpg

Stage 6 - BWAAAAHHHHH.

• Haha 1

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Hi fred they have been busy have,nt they i have received a couple off them aswell i have,nt received the one with the discount offer yet:lol: you never now if they pass it on to 1st credit you might get a telly in with the offer:lol:

That would be a very expensive telly for me. This is the largest of my alleged debts. I think so anyway unless MBNA have started adding interest. Haven't heard from them for yonks.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

LMAO Fred classic commentary especially about the extra few hours in bed ...... :lol:

"I am no Solicitor but deal with REAL hard case lawyers everyday, this gives me the strength to deal with the lightweight idiots that are thrown at me everyday by DCAS :D"

Moorcroft are based in stockport?

I'll bet they dont chase those who live within 10 miles of their offices :D

Yes they are and I don't live very close to them, but they've probably got some spotty oiks working somewhere about here. You never know, but I suspect it is just bluster.

Its nice that they have a local representative who will assist you....I had something similar from 1st Credit a year or so ago and they used a very similar phrase.

At that time I was trying to get access to a copy of Goodes Consumer Credit Law so I wrote back thanking them for the offer of assistance, pointing out again the account was unenforceable and that I had everything I needed to defend this in court accept the extract from Sir Roy Goode Consumer Credit Law and in order to assist me if their local rep could bring a copy of this round that would be great...

Live Life-Debt Free

I am sending all my DCA's christmas cards this year. Some of them have had more contact with me than people who I call my friends :D

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

Looks like quite a collection there Fred but have you got this one. I think its for when the threat monkeys finally realise they are getting nowhere

moorcroftblank.jpg

FOR THE BENEFIT OF OUR FRIENDS IN THE NSA USING THE PRISM SYSTEM. HELLO FROM THE UK.

Looks like quite a collection there Fred but have you got this one. I think its for when the threat monkeys finally realise they are getting nowhere

I've got two similar ones from other accounts, but not one where they say they can't find any agreement. I won't get one of those on this account because they've provided something - but it's just a great big pile of dung.

Regards.

Fred

By the way, has anyone noticed how it goes from 'Moorcroft Pre-Court Division' to 'Midas Legal Services' and then to 'Moorcroft Home Collection Division'. I wait with anticipation the one from 'Moorcroft We've Given Up and Passed Your Account Back to the Original Lender Division'

Regards to all.

Fred

Edited by Fred Bassett
  • Haha 1

hiya Fred

long time hope you are okay, thanks for this, im glad im not the only one with the scary letters lol

anyway i must do something with this one ive ignored them for a while, just seeing what they come out with next i suppose :cool:

anyway have a fun eve all laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Moorcroft are just bunch of cretins sitting at desks in an office with over active imaginations :rolleyes:

Mr Ton, you seem to have credited Moorcroft employees with sufficient intelligence to have imagination. I doubt that this is so.

Regards.

Fred

One of the drivers I work with was a doorstep collector for them. Apparently Moorcroft send out a big wodge of paperwork, so much you couldn't possibly get through it all in your spare time. He said everyone was saying "How could you do that?" and he was like "I was desperate for the money". Then he quit and became a bus driver. I know 3 guys at work now who have done debt collecting and their advice was just don't open the door. Also the guy who taught me to drive a bus is a certificated bailiff. He had a few things to say about bailiff law (like how it works...) And he also told me that when they get the certificate they have to go and see a judge in chambers who asks them questions on what they can and can't do, like when they can enter a property. Useful info could be had here, methinks...