BankFodder BankFodder

zodiac78

double yellow lines and chippy

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3726 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

not sure if anyone can help here but i promised the manager of the chippy i would put up a post

We live in small town only has about 30 shops through the high street. Council put in new pedestrian crossing. When they did this they put double yellow lines outside the chippy where before there had been three parking bays. She did start up a petition which was given to the council but nothing ever come of that one.

now we have a plastic policeman as she calls him taking photos of everyones reg parked on the double yellows outside the chippy. that's fine if it's in the day but he does it at night when parking there is totally no hinderance to other road users. I saw him taking photo of someone parked legally on a sunday on one yellow line the other end of the high street.

Now my question is what can the manager of the chippy do to get either the council to listen to her or to stop this special policeman to stop taking photo's of her customers reg plates.

We have very few shops open in the high street now out of the 30 at least 15 are shut.

Hope someone can help

Why is it that important that customers park right outside the door I walk to my chip shop which is about half a mile away and still live to tell the tale! I could understand if it was a furniture shop and had a loading restriction outside but carrying a bag of chips to the car is not that hard even for the biggest lardie.

If the yellow lines are in place and underpinned by a written Traffic Order specifying them, then you can't do anything. Yellow lines have to be observed.

The only strategy is to try and pursuade the Council that the lines are unnecessary and causing a burden to business. You'd need to lobby them - contact the council's Highways dept and request the lines be removed. Write to your councillors and/or MP and emphasise the harm to the diminishing high street trade. Ask other local businesses to do likewise. Write to the local paper.

It's up to the local authority what restrictions are appropriate, and alas motorists just have to comply with what's there.

Thanks jamberson i will give the manager your advice. The double yellow lines start right outside her shop then there is a drive way which is for the pub deliveries next door then it goes to single line which is a bank that's only open 10am to 3pm a charity shop that has closed down and a polish/lithawainian shop.

I know it is causing issues with the ppl who live in the flats above the shops as well so maybe if she gets more ppl on bored she may have a good case. My son used to live in one of the flats above the charity shop which does have single white line but could never park there for cars for the pub or kebab shop accross the road. He parked his car often half a mile away and it was broke into 3 times in the 6 months he lived there.

As for the special policeman who seems to be camara mad i think she will have to put up with it until she gets her parking spaces re allocated.

Green and Mean i see what u mean i always try to park else where since they took away the parking spaces much to my families discust cos chips are usually cold when i get home. Often ten minute walk back to the car then 3 and half mile drive home. The chippy serves 8 villages all within 3 to 5 mile radius. The joys of living in the countryside and the village shops disappearing.